City to bid £20 mil for Rodders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually think Rodwell should go....he's getting nowhere near the level of coaching a player with his natural ability and attributes should be getting. Someone should have spent real time on this lad encouraging aggression, dominance, arrogance (on the pitch) etc.

To get that though it needs to be Ferguson at Utd....he'd be even more wasted at Citeh.

Actually think Rodwell should go....he's getting nowhere near the level of coaching a player with his natural ability and attributes should be getting. Someone should have spent real time on this lad encouraging aggression, dominance, arrogance (on the pitch) etc.

To get that though it needs to be Ferguson at Utd....he'd be even more wasted at Citeh.

Is this before or after we've sold Baines, Coleman and Fellaini?

This.

Dont think we could mould him into a great player here. Especially when this season he's played right wing, defensive midfield, centre midifeld and attacking midfield....

He needs coaching, he needs a position. And United would give him all that at a high level of competition.

We'd just get a pay day from Citeh and he'd turn gash.

Rodwell will be a excellent player, only injuries and the way he leads his life will get in the way of that. He has far too much about him, his raw attributes alone will get him to a very decent level. Once the game time and experience kicks in, the sky's the limit really. I'm hoping we can keep hold of him and raise enough money in other areas, but we'll have to see how it goes on that front. I wouldn't outright reject 18-25 million for him though, it's alot of money, and we should consider all our options. The likes of Arteta, Fellaini and Baines included, everyone has a price.

I agree with Chang Elephant aswell, a manager with different ideas would probably be better for him. That being said, he's big enough for Moyes to mould him into one of those battering rams he likes upfront. He's quick enough to chase a Neville chip into the channel aswell. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

Rodwell will be a excellent player, only injuries and the way he leads his life will get in the way of that. He has far too much about him, his raw attributes alone will get him to a very decent level. Once the game time and experience kicks in, the sky's the limit really. I'm hoping we can keep hold of him and raise enough money in other areas, but we'll have to see how it goes on that front. I wouldn't outright reject 18-25 million for him though, it's alot of money, and we should consider all our options. The likes of Arteta, Fellaini and Baines included, everyone has a price.

I agree with Chang Elephant aswell, a manager with different ideas would probably be better for him. That being said, he's big enough for Moyes to mould him into one of those battering rams he likes upfront. He's quick enough to chase a Neville chip into the channel aswell. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

I think he needs to go and play Champs League football to get to where he needs to be, or be around a team that plays at that level.

I just think you can develop a good player in the premiership...but a world class or top player needs to be able to play and experience a high level in europe.

I think that's why I dont think Baines is regarded as highly as we believe him to be. And the evidence of his international appearences and how more times than not he's been done by top class wingers in the premiership, adds to that feeling european experience at a top level is vital.

There's lots of players with that potential but never reached it and I think that plays a massive part.

Rodwell isn't that good.

There I said it.

I'll go a step further and say i don't think he's that talented. It's becoming more common not to currently rate him, but most add they think he has the potential or raw ability. But I don't think he's got the ability to be anything special. I've watched him like a hawk recently and at times he just looks plain awkward on the ball. I think Jack Wilshire is so far ahead of him simply because he has much more talent. I don't believe the likes of Fergie or Wenger are interested in him and find the City link very odd seeing as they saw him first hand only last week and he was average.

Cash and Milner would do nicely!

Would love to see Adam Johnson here but I know City wouldn't let him go.. As for Adebayor, I'm sorry to be realistic, but there's no way he'd come here when Real Madrid are wanting him on a permanent basis, unfortunately.

does that make man utd real madrid's feeder club, also is aston villa also man city's feeder club

The moment United unearth a gem, get a season out of him and then have to sell him off to avoid financial meltdown we can carry this conversation on.

Everton under Kenwright is all about selling on the future of the club. It'll always be that way until he's gone.

bottom price - 25 million or milner +johnson.

some may say he's not worth 25 million .
some may say both johnson and milner are both better players and both worth more than rodwell.
but to us , everton , he is worth £25 million . it would take a deal with 2 very good players like those mentioned to appease our loss and make the deal sweeter and more worthwhile (wages would be difficult).

otherwise , shove it up your rs city, id rather keep him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.