Transfer Rumour Christian Benteke

Status
Not open for further replies.
thoughs?.

tenor.gif

Terrible gif, sorry. Yeah, I'd be willing to accept him. Decent in the air, good on the pens. Not my first choice but we could do worse.

I've been a fan for a while. Couldn't care less that he played for them lot. Wins absolutely everything in the air and I think the likes of Sandro, Rooney and Klaassen would have a field day feeding off the scraps.

Won't get the goals Rom got, but he'll get far more assists and those around him will benefit.

Sigurdsson would then become a vital signing. His delivery and Benteke's head could be a fruitful weapon.

He is a lot younger than Giroud and for a while he was first choice for the Belgian national team in front of lukaku...but then went to the rs and stopped progressing whereas lukaku continue to progress at Everton. Perhaps he went to a big team too early in his career...maybe he needed another couple of seasons at villa. With sigurdson deliveries he could prove deadly for us...

Almost a goal every two games in his club career (his Liverpool season apart) and gives us something different with his aerial threat.

Yes, he doesn't run around much, but Davies, Sandro and Klaassen will and Benteke's presence alone will occupy defenders.

As long as we don't pay Palace an exorbitant price (in the current market, paying 30m would be OK, given his age, and he is entering his prime years) then it's a yes for me.

Big yes from me. Giroud would be my first pick, but Benteke is a total monster in the air. Anybody saying he's a donkey need only look at his goal at Chelsea last season. I can't remember Lukaku ever finishing like that.
You have to have a plan b in games. Sandro, Rooney, klassen and possibly siguardsson are all technically very good players. Benteke offers us something different; a real threat physically and in the air. Can you just imagine set pieces with siguardsson or Sandro over the ball with Keane and Benteke as targets. We haven't had that threat from set pieces since Ferguson was here. It's a thumbs up from me;)

Yes from me proven goal scorer when played to his strengths easily 15-20 goals a season and hopefully Ronald can get the best out off him

Almost a goal every two games in his club career (his Liverpool season apart) and gives us something different with his aerial threat.

Yes, he doesn't run around much, but Davies, Sandro and Klaassen will and Benteke's presence alone will occupy defenders.

As long as we don't pay Palace an exorbitant price (in the current market, paying 30m would be OK, given his age, and he is entering his prime years) then it's a yes for me.

This is the only saving grace of him coming for me.

But you missed one - if we get Benteke, Sigurdsson makes no sense and we really should get Barkley signing on the dotted line, as he's tailor made for a Benteke type hold-up striker.

If some of the whoppers in our Support thought Lukaku was lazy, wait until they get a load of Benteke.

Fat Sam has better movement and is more dynamic whilst sat in the dugout.

Little bit of a confusing point. Benteke doesn't move much but as a target man he's brilliant. I personally moaned at Rom because he himself said his game is running off defenders etc. and then he just jogged about. If he was a good target man I'd have forgiven him but seen better aerially down my front street.

His goals per minute ratio at liverpool is something like 1 goal every 160 minutes, so 1 in 1.75ish

This is the only saving grace of him coming for me.

But you missed one - if we get Benteke, Sigurdsson makes no sense and we really should get Barkley signing on the dotted line, as he's tailor made for a Benteke type hold-up striker.

I think the opposite....Benteke would thrive on quality crosses and set pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.