Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Pickford my MoM, made a few saves, can't be blamed for the penalty as he had to try to get the ball. Allan, Gomes, Godfrey, Keane, Davies and Siggy all played well enough. Richy off the pace, DCL did his best against superior odds with no service. We definitely need someone on the right who can cross the ball. Another defeat at Stamford Bridge but what's new? We've got a better away record at Anfield to be fair :coffee:

We need a ball carrier, not an unlocker.

Good teams have numerous players comfortable carrying the ball forward, but we don't and lack that quality.

I think the actual answer is we need both (James is a locksmith but injured frequently).

I thought we looked very comfortable until Holgate,Iwobi and Gomes fell asleep for the 1st goal,after that the game changed,what annoued me was straight after it we had 3 free kicks on the halfway line and all the ended up back with Pickford,a lack of pace on midfield was always going to be a problem,Gomes and Siggy shouldnt start together,plus any type of half chance we had were rushed,over hit crosses etc,make no mistake Chelsea are going to be a real threat next season,as for MOTM has to be Pickford

Thought we looked a bit tired and can't complain about the result the first goal is always crucial and it was unlucky as the shot was going miles wide.
We haven't lost much ground 4 points behind Chelsea who are a good team so if we win the game on hand we are back to one point being the difference.

I can't argue with the result. Chelsea were much better than us, better passing and moving.

Perhaps if we'd been at full strength and our players played to their full potential we could've got something out of that game.

I'm not sure any of our players (Godfrey aside) went into that game with the right mentality. It never looked like they believed we could get something out of the game. Always looking to play the ball backwards instead of trying to do something bold. We did have a few supposedly creative players on the pitch but they either weren't brave enough or flubbed their lines completely.

It's a downer losing so I don't want to go over the top in criticism. It's been a decent season and it could still turn out as a good one.

Dung, absolute dung performance. Teams like Brighton and Fulham would have been a lot braver than our lot and at least caused them some problems. How we are near the top 4 baffles me. Considering the money we've spent and the coaching we SHOULD be getting, that was no better fair than what fat sam would have served up. If you're happy with that performance then good luck to you. Ive never seen a team who pass it backwards more than we do. Awful football and a team full of cowards.

Can't get my head around all the pessmism. Im the most pessimistic of blues, won nothing in my lifetime (91 born, too young to know what was what in 95). Have mostly experienced poor everton sides and yet im the one seeing the big picture?!

Not going to get too carried away with a loss here, disappointing but we have to dust ourselves down and right it against Burnley. I don’t like criticising players too much but I am over with Iwobi now. For the money he was brought in for, he offers absolutely nothing. A big blot on Brand’ record. A £30million player? Nowhere near. But it wasn’t all his fault today at all but it does highlight how light we are as a squad. James needs to be back asap, I trust Davies and Allan to hold down the fort whilst doucoure is injured but their own fitness is a huge gamble. CL is a massive task made bigger after this and doucoure’s injury.

Last edited:
No knee jerk reaction here, I know he’s done well but going forward I think we need much better, I just don’t think he’s anything special, he’s had a few purple patches and you say in the England squad he maybe but he’s light years behind Harry Kane.
Just out of interest who do you think we could realistically attract to replace one of the premier league’s top scorers. I thank he needs support myself, not replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.