Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential title contenders Chelsea next season just like city their depth in their squad is unbelievable. Motm for me even though he gave away the pen has to be Pickford, some top draw saves. Bottom line they are miles ahead than us at the moment. However for me we are starting to bridge the gap between these top teams that have had over a decade to build over us. I’m personally not that disappointed with the performance bottom line beaten by a superior team. Still dead wood in the squad however who else would you have managing our team? He knows what he needs and doesn’t. I really have a good feeling about this setup if only we could of got Carlo in after Martinez then we really would be a force to be reckoned with already.COYB

they've stuffed us yet only scored from our own mistakes? They had a lot more possession and chances which is expected, Fact is they won 2-0 both goals from our own mistakes.
Every goal conceded can be attributed to a mistake.
Fact is they forced those mistakes through good attacking play. The own goal wasn’t a howling mistake, good offensive play caused it. Likewise, the penalty was a forced error.
I had the same debate after we were played off the park by City and it was blamed on errors, not relentless attacking play.
Truth is. we can get away with it for some of the time, but these top sides find us out.
Our right side and CM just were not strong enough tonight.

....the last word I’d use to describe his performance is ‘reliable’. We still have a chance of getting something when he made a stupid challenge from which there was no way back. He was ok other than that, but he’s certainly not reliable.
It was an excellent performance. We would have shipped a few more goals if were not for his saves tonight.

But then he'd carry the ball for too long and get caught between the decision of passing and shooting.

Decent player none the less these days, nothing more. The rat.

Most of the time yeah but he was handful and played a massive part in our counter attacking days under Martinez. Be nice to just have someone doing that for us.

If they played like this all season they'd be competing for the league. They were very good today.

Some people are saying an "own goal and a penalty" but that flatters us. They carved us open more than I've seen anyone do in a long time. Pickford kept the scoreline respectable.

Outclassed today which is no shame. Doucoure and Hamez would have made us more competitive but it still would have been a tough game.

11 more games left and still in with a good chance of 4th. Lots to be optimistic about.
Our fully fit 1st 11 beat that team Chelsea had out tonight for me.

The difference is their squad is infinately better than ours. They just replace like for like whereas we have Iwobi starting for us in for Hamez.

I'm a fan, but he

He’s our top scorer and in the England squad. Ok he’s been quiet tonight, but that is a knee jerk reaction.
He's done well this season but England squad level is about his level for now. Still has a way to go to get to the next step i.e. Kane so we cant expect miracles every week. He can still show a bit more desire than he did tonight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.