Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we ever really worked out how to play against their wing backs. The number of times we tried to press but they had them as an out was too many to count. And then when they attacked, it was always the wing backs that were causing problems, as seen with Alonso for the first goal.

Obviously that's the main strength of their system, but it would've been good if we had a better answer for it.

He's about 15th in our list of problems.
He’s not he’s the number 1 problem, either passes to the other team or loses it. His passing been awful for the last few games, doesn’t pass to any of our players always behind them when forward and in to trouble when behind

Penned something after the WBA win, that this is us now. It was my lightbulb moment. To put it bluntly, we don't do good performances, or bad performances.. we just either win or lose.

Today we lost. Tomorrow we might win. My emotion about "how" we playing is gone. I'm 100% accepting this is what we are going to churn out, every week to the rest of the season. We might beat Arsenal one week, and lose to Burnley the next.. this is meant to sound negative.. its the realistic version of not attempting to dominate teams or control the match, but defend and hope an opportunity arises. Today it didn't... Hopefully between now and the end of the year we have enough opportunities to garner a top 6.

Sound mate. Drop him and play what team?
where did I say drop him? I just said he isn’t good enough for us to be regularly be challenging at the next level. But he will have to do for now we don’t have much else. Even though imo Richarlison is a better striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.