Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do, but they need to be athletic - a runner on the ball (Grealish style).

That's what the playmaker is now. The James types are few and far between.
A door unlocker uses all his tools, through balls or breaking the lines with a driving run.

Thats what we need, somebody who can move the ball through the lines.

No knee jerk reaction here, I know he’s done well but going forward I think we need much better, I just don’t think he’s anything special, he’s had a few purple patches and you say in the England squad he maybe but he’s light years behind Harry Kane.

Sound mate. Drop him and play what team?

Tough game tonight against the rent boys. They look very good under Tuchel.

If they played like this all season they'd be competing for the league. They were very good today.

Some people are saying an "own goal and a penalty" but that flatters us. They carved us open more than I've seen anyone do in a long time. Pickford kept the scoreline respectable.

Outclassed today which is no shame. Doucoure and Hamez would have made us more competitive but it still would have been a tough game.

11 more games left and still in with a good chance of 4th. Lots to be optimistic about.

Which is why I said we need a door unlocker in midfield, instead loads of people are pining for a jarg tackle merchant like Gana.

Bit of both I think Goatman, we need more pressers in that midfield. We struggle to sustain pressure on teams, also very imbalanced on our right hand side.

But the lack of energy and midfield and need for a RW and a RB can't be addressed until the summer anyway.

You can have a safe bet that when we play our game in hand, a win which would put us in the top 4, and regardless of who it is against, then a loss is a certainty. It would have been a loss if it had been Sheffield United.

Not sure what else we could have expected really after two uninspiring peformances and starting tonight with two slugs and a You Tube blogger in midfield.

Well, one thing we learnt tonight. We're no where near good enough for a top 4 finish. Chelsea were OK but we're our own worst enemies. Richy and Digne where awful tonight, on different wavelengths. King did more when he came on than DCL did all game. Iwobi awful didn't give Holgate, who wasn't much better, any cover whatsoever and Pickford had his usual brain fart. Masters of our own down fall.

Bit of both I think Goatman, we need more pressers in that midfield. We struggle to sustain pressure on teams, also very imbalanced on our right hand side.

But the lack of energy and midfield and need for a RW and a RB can't be addressed until the summer anyway.
I don't think Carlo employs a press, at all.

Well beaten by a far superior team. Team ethic of Chelsea impressed. Movement enabling easy passes was most impressive. We did restrict them until we had to make an attempt to go for goal ourselves then they took advantage of the extra space we left and Pickford (although at fault for pen) had to make a number of decent saves. DCL energy levels totally diminished so becomes half a player, Richie had one of his sloppy games. Can't really say anyone apart from Pickford had a decent game. We have a long way to go to aspire to be like Chelsea etc. Think Josh King needs a few starts now and just bench Iwobi or even rest DCL because he is not looking close to what he was.

So pickford my MOTM by a country mile

Status
Not open for further replies.