• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be honest, I can see only one of the following scorelines here:

2-0, 3-1 Chelsea
1-0 Everton
0-0 Draw
Whatever the result at Chelsea I think a lot more fans are more confident of giving them a game and getting a point or even three than we were in January, the players seem fitter and the ten points gained in seven games should increase their confidence no matter who we are playing, even away from home. If we get one point I won’t be surprised but it would be great if we could get the three. Come on you Blue Boys!!

I wouldn't change anything from the wkend, tho it would've been nice to see Mina stick Havertz in his pocket again.
But, Keano is definitely deserving of his place at the mo and it would be lovely to see him riffle another sweet volley in.

They'll have to pick from their other 40 odd players!

Agree RE: DCL, give him the extra 2 weeks in the hope he is fit until the end of the season. I think this isnt a bad fixture for us to have, its a bit of a free hit really and Dyche can really focus on our structure and shape.

Sure, sure. But we know what Dyche is about: he likes to keep it simple. Can't see him doing anything overly complicated or overloading players with instructions. The prep and plan will probably be the same as most weeks, even though Chelsea do happen to look a better outfit than a month ago.
And Everton look a better outfit than a month ago.

To bore you all...I 've just looked up the only time I went to Stamford Bridge. Being a naive youngster, I didn't appreciate the team.

3/12/1977
George Wood
David Jones
Mike Pekic
Mick Lyons
Mark Higgins
Mick Buckley
Martin Dobson
Andy King
Dave Thomas
Bob Latchford
Jim Pearson

We won 1-0 via Bob Latchford.
I've got a 100% record there. And it won't change this weekend because I won't be there.

I've only been there once, 28/04/1990. This was the team:

Southall
McDonald
Pointon
Keown
Watson
Whiteside
Atteveld
McCall
Newell
Cottee
Sheedy

We were 4th going in but lost 2-1, Nevin's late consolation was the first Everton goal I ever saw after a 0-1 at Highbury a month before.
My parents had told me two weeks before that they had set it up for me to meet the players before the game at Chelsea. Being a painfully shy kid I was secretly utterly horrified at this prospect and spent the two weeks before the match unable to eat. I felt sick on the coach to London that morning. I had this image of Cottee, Sharp, Ratcliffe et al standing in a big line and me having to go along and shake their hand and speak to them.

So there I was as the Everton coach pulled in, I remember Paul Power's laser blue eyes as they got off and then my Dad didn't have a clue what to do or who to ask and suddenly the players had all disappeared and it was too late. That walk from the players car park to the West Stand was one of the most euphoric moments of my life as I realised I wouldn't have to meet the players and could just settle down and watch the friggin match.

I'm a bit weird like that.

More than anything I want NO INJURIES from this. Hate the late games, they never feel right.

A draw and no injuries and we march on.

Love Dyche, always have, getting 10pts from 7 game with this squad in the disarray that had evolved under FL + with our forward line + is nigh on unbelievable. Yet week by week we improve still.

A draw, even a loss but not a rout please, keep the mindset moving forward - we can take Spurs.

We will lose this but at least it won't be because we didn't try! Chelsea will prove too strong. Sean has organised us well but we are dealing with a poor squad of players not suited to the premiership. The next three games will go a long way toward defining our future status. If you are a religious man join me in prayer. We are heading full throttle into the eye of a hurricane...

Status
Not open for further replies.