Keown
Watson
Whiteside
Atteveld
McCall
Newell
Cottee
Sheedy

We were 4th going in but lost 2-1, Nevin's late consolation was the first Everton goal I ever saw after a 0-1 at Highbury a month before.
My parents had told me two weeks before that they had set it up for me to meet the players before the game at Chelsea. Being a painfully shy kid I was secretly utterly horrified at this prospect and spent the two weeks before the match unable to eat. I felt sick on the coach to London that morning. I had this image of Cottee, Sharp, Ratcliffe et al standing in a big line and me having to go along and shake their hand and speak to them.

So there I was as the Everton coach pulled in, I remember Paul Power's laser blue eyes as they got off and then my Dad didn't have a clue what to do or who to ask and suddenly the players had all disappeared and it was too late. That walk from the players car park to the West Stand was one of the most euphoric moments of my life as I realised I wouldn't have to meet the players and could just settle down and watch the friggin match.

I'm a bit weird like that.
Yeah I was at this one. Pat Nevin’s goal was greeted with muted applause from much of the ground, probably because it was so late on in the game. I loved Pat Nevin…🤓

They don't score many goals. If we could take an early lead I'd fancy us to hang on.
At home I'd say yes. Away though knowing our luck they'll put performance of the season in against us they go back to their normal ways. Sounds like another team has recently just done the same to us.

Slightly worrying that they played some of their best footy since potter took over in their last game. Leicester had chances though, so I'm sure we can create some opportunities. I think it's a case of frustrating them for as long as possible and trying to take a chance when it comes.

Potters predictable systems are right up Dyche's alley, he will school him like the little boy he is.

Not expecting much out of this one. Best hope is that Dyche has a good plan for the game and it works.

The thing I don't like about this match is the kick off time. I can recall a fair few away matches to Chelsea on TV at 5.30 and we got spanked in them all

Attachments

• 643b5e7e06e66313549b7209faba9a19.jpg
    643b5e7e06e66313549b7209faba9a19.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 36
We’ll come away from this with something - Dyche will have a good plan for Potter-ball.

Potters predictable systems are right up Dyche's alley, he will school him like the little boy he is.

Last season's equivalent fixture, from a managerial perspective, saw Dycheball win 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.