Centre Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a real problem area this season.

Delph
Davies
Gbamin
Gomez

Gomez aside* that's looking very second rate.

Baningime cant get a squad number, so I dont suppose he's anywhere near an appearance.

*harsh on Gbamin, but taking this first appearance as evidence anyway.

Dave it is this charlatan who should be cleared out of the first team squad.

Yep small time to hell some of our fans were over that.

Gomes and Gbamin will be decent together I think but we need Delph to stay fit as an option for when Gbamin is off form.

Schnerderlin is a liability and Davies isnt good enough.

Of the 4 players who played centre midfield today Davies was the most effective.

The plan was to get Docoure in and let Schnerderlin bugger off to Turkey.

As said yesterday for me Brands has buggered this window up and we'll have to rely hopefully on Goodison being a fortress and carrying us to Janaury where we need to spend spend spend.

Winger
CM
CB

For me desperately needed in the squad as Iwobi should be in the place of Gylfi.

Personally I'd say its risky to go into the season not knowing if your midfield is any good but we love a risk at everton. I get the individual should 'get at least ten games' but the whole midfield? Wow.

The 4-2-3-1 = I'm done with it.

It wont be when Gomes / Iwobi are fit + Gbamin us up to speed.

I have doubts about all them, tbf.

Gueye in the last half of last season you could just rest easy KNOWING he would be first class. I dont see that in any of this lot yet...as said, Gbamin is unknown and it's harsh, but if that's anything approaching his normal.....

Well it clearly isnt it it? He had 1 week entire preseason training...

Saw a Twitter post yesterday that described the purchase of Gbamin as a 'younger version to replace Gueye' and the author described this as 'putting things into context'.

You can play and win football matches without a Gana-type. Its down to Silva to get a different midfield system working compared to our last.

Its too early to say who our best pairing is. The danger now is panicking and not giving them time to work together. Gomes and Schneiderlin started to develop something between them but now we'll be forced to change it up and risk having a messy midfield.

Two injuries (Delph and Andre) and a suspension by the end of matchweek 1 is proper crap luck though. Already having to turn to back-up for our back-up and playing Gbamin before he's had time to bed in.

Midfield is the least of our problems. Lack of cutting edge and depth at the back well ahead.
The other problem is a lack of creativity. Siggy is too inconsistent or is consistently not good enough.
I guess that just leaves us ok with a goalkeeper :eek:

This fella cant even spell Gomes.

Ban him please.
middle-finger.png

Status
Not open for further replies.