Three in midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Player Valuation: £35m
We've all seen people demanding this since the start of the season. But because of years of mismanagement and piss poor recruitment, I'm not sure we can even regularly field three realistic options in centre midfield. In my mind, it's a really lazy shout from the fans.

Let's say Allan - Doucoure - Van de Beek is most people's first pick. But, as we know, Doucoure is out again, so who then? Gomes? Is there any blue out there genuinely wanting to see more of Andre Gomes?

So who instead? Townsend? A winger? Gbamin, who doesn't seem to be a real footballer anymore? Onyango, a kid who, besides his size, hasn't particularly stood out above others in his age bracket? Delph? Always injured. Davies? Injured and always crap.

You see what I'm getting at. There hasn't been a three man midfield to pick all season. It's only with the signing of DVdB that the idea has even been made possible. Hopefully we'll see it once Doucoure returns, but until then, please stop calling for three in midfield, because there's no such thing.

We've all seen people demanding this since the start of the season. But because of years of mismanagement and piss poor recruitment, I'm not sure we can even regularly field three realistic options in centre midfield. In my mind, it's a really lazy shout from the fans.

Let's say Allan - Doucoure - Van de Beek is most people's first pick. But, as we know, Doucoure is out again, so who then? Gomes? Is there any blue out there genuinely wanting to see more of Andre Gomes?

So who instead? Townsend? A winger? Gbamin, who doesn't seem to be a real footballer anymore? Onyango, a kid who, besides his size, hasn't particularly stood out above others in his age bracket? Delph? Always injured. Davies? Injured and always crap.

You see what I'm getting at. There hasn't been a three man midfield to pick all season. It's only with the signing of DVdB that the idea has even been made possible. Hopefully we'll see it once Doucoure returns, but until then, please stop calling for three in midfield, because there's no such thing.
Southampton had 2 lol.

Nothing to do with playing 3.

Gomes/Allan had poor games.

Richarlison and DCL total ghosts today.

Kenny isn't a LB, can't support the attack at all

Coleman also can't support the attack enough.

Richarlison and DCL are two of the main culprits today for me. They did absolutely nothing at all.

No. We need 3 in midfield - ideally not including Gomes. Townsend played there for a while at Wolves and was ok. I want to see VdB, Allan and Doucoure there as often as possible.

3 in midfield should work. The battle is really upfront and midfield. The idea is to win the ball as far away from our defence as possible, to ease pressure on our defence and to launch an attack without building from deep, 2 of our worst weakness this season.

One more player in midfield makes a huge difference to address such issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.