2017/18 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good points, but for every Walcott there is more United Spurs City rejects that will never help us win a FA cup. Everton shouldn’t be seen as a club Manchester united offload their bottom half junk at... I think it’s a positive to write off players so early as seen in Tosun’s case as the quicker they’re offloaded more chance of quality players coming in..

Booing of Schniderfraud is justified, quicker we get players like that out the door the better.

I’d advocate writing Tosun off to, like Sandro he will never be good enough.

The fact that a 18 year old on football simulation game can see quality players and our scouts/ manager can’t Is another story!!

I can’t tell if this post is serious or not.

Very good points, but for every Walcott there is more United Spurs City rejects that will never help us win a FA cup. Everton shouldn’t be seen as a club Manchester united offload their bottom half junk at... I think it’s a positive to write off players so early as seen in Tosun’s case as the quicker they’re offloaded more chance of quality players coming in..

Booing of Schniderfraud is justified, quicker we get players like that out the door the better.

The fact that a 18 year old on football simulation game can see quality players and our scouts/ manager can’t Is another story!!

:eek:

This video edit guy seems to prove people that sam is wrong and added cenk's good side only. There is nothing about him effected by the weather,don't got the pace, came from a crap league and being a crap player by himself.
I watched all training videos in the official website and the rest of the training is all about these believe me.

Kev The Rat and Daveysgingerlovechild like this.

Haha, very good.

Believe it or not I actually want him to be successful. I'm actually mystified with his treatment and Big Sam's weird comments about the weather.

We did similar with Niasse. It's mind boggling how / why we keep ending up in the same position with players from foreign leagues in recent seasons (Niasse, Sandro, Klassen). Either we are scouting players fundamentally unsuited to the English game or we're not onboarding players correctly.

Guess which one I reckon is most likely?

Now yes I agree we shouldn't be a dumping ground for bigger clubs.

However the bit in bold to come full circle in the discussion . You say it's good that we write off players this quick? One thst cost over 20 million and it's ok to rule them not good enough so quickly. That's fine.

Except for one thing, I have o
Put it here before but tosun has played 3 games for us. 4-0 spurs 5-1 arsenal and 1-1 west Brom. Now tell me, which is the point he proved he should be written off? And more to the point If he should be written off on the basis of those games then so should most of the first team entirely.

And I have also said before, take tosun name and swap it for niasse and the story from the fans and the club is exactly the same as it was now. Not good enough etc yet he is good enough for us. May not be world class but he is good for us which is the main thing.

Not to pour cold water on this but I remember a video of Sandro looking great in training as well
The difference being Sandro look good in training from smashing the ball, which he still does well. Tosun looks good not just because of smashing the ball, which he does well, but good interplay and ball control. Sandro's highlights never showed that.

Its not whether someone looks good in training, its why they do. Anybody at this level can look great at SOME thing, but good talent scouts look for the things that translate well to the premier league.

The difference being Sandro look good in training from smashing the ball, which he still does well. Tosun looks good not just because of smashing the ball, which he does well, but good interplay and ball control. Sandro's highlights never showed that.

Its not whether someone looks good in training, its why they do. Anybody at this level can look great at SOME thing, but good talent scouts look for the things that translate well to the premier league.
Agreed. Sandro can really shoot and finish. No question. Tosun can do a lot more and has proven it in the champions league. Doesn't make him world class, but does show that he has some pedigree. He also scored at a much better rate than Oumar did in Turkey, although there is a bit of a sample size issue there.

I just don't understand the point of buying him and starting Oumar. If Sam and Walsh were so enamored with Niasse, don't buy Tosun unless you think he's clearly better. And if you DO think he's clearly better, you play him. It just doesnt't make any sense to me.

I've just watched the video of him slotting and I'm sticking to my original claim that this fella is better than Messi.

10 goals from now until the end of the season ( disclaimer - 10 goals will be scored if he plays in 10 games )

He'll actually suit Fonseca's style of play mate, far as I'm concerned both Sam and Walsh know they're binbagged soon and aren't bothered about settling in a new player now.

I reckon next season he'll actually do really well for us as well.

Haha, very good.

Believe it or not I actually want him to be successful. I'm actually mystified with his treatment and Big Sam's weird comments about the weather.

We did similar with Niasse. It's mind boggling how / why we keep ending up in the same position with players from foreign leagues in recent seasons (Niasse, Sandro, Klassen). Either we are scouting players fundamentally unsuited to the English game or we're not onboarding players correctly.

Guess which one I reckon is most likely?

Or they are easy targets for scapegoating, by dud managers, to hide their own failings behind ?

Status
Not open for further replies.