2017/18 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besiktas chairman confirmed we paid £19.9 mil including add-ons.Said we 1st offered 12.5 mil.

That's makes it a little more palatable.....

Still a lot of money for a player not deemed premiership ready & hardly played....

Maybe he will get better but the jury is out on this striker & it don't look promising....

That's makes it a little more palatable.....

Still a lot of money for a player not deemed premiership ready & hardly played....

Maybe he will get better but the jury is out on this striker & it don't look promising....
Probably around 12 to 15 mil up front then add ons up to 19.9
Any rate to put things into perspective Locadia made his debut for Brighton the other night (looked good btw) after signing for a record Brighton fee of £14.3 mil. Just shows there an obvious bedding in period plus their need is much greater than ours.
Not worried about this atm , far too much kneejerking going on.
No guarrantee's of course , but lets give the lad a chance before he's judged.

Don't know where that 27 million comes from but it stuck really hard. Besiktas participates in the stock exchange so they publicly announce the transfer fees. It would get closer to 27 million pounds together with the bonuses if only Cenk scores 20 goals every season, which I doubt anyone would have a problem with.
No mate I read it as £19.9 mil .....thats with any add ons in total.

The problem for me was Tosun's lack of mobility considering the lack of pace in Everton's attack. I'm sure Tosun is a fine player but you have to factor the synergy between Everton and himself.

Probably around 12 to 15 mil up front then add ons up to 19.9
Any rate to put things into perspective Locadia made his debut for Brighton the other night (looked good btw) after signing for a record Brighton fee of £14.3 mil. Just shows there an obvious bedding in period plus their need is much greater than ours.
Not worried about this atm , far too much kneejerking going on.
No guarrantee's of course , but lets give the lad a chance before he's judged.

Exactly, it's been one month, bloody hell. Other clubs chuck players straight in when it's too early and keep playing him and make him look terrible.

I think to avoid the Klaassen situation and throwing him straight in like we did against Spurs and West Brom.

I am happy to see him get to know the squad and setup but he will most certainly overtake Niasse sooner rather then later.

I saw a video of him in a training match in Dubai. I know he was only up against our defenders, but he stood out - lovely interplay, effective tricks and clinical finishes.
He was amazing. All we have to do is persuade him Watford in February is like Dubai and we're quids in.

Exactly, it's been one month, bloody hell. Other clubs chuck players straight in when it's too early and keep playing him and make him look terrible.
Too right.
As of the day of the Palace game he'd been here 36 days.In that time there were 5 games (heard he had a bout of flu as well) he started 2 & on the bench for 3 ....not exactly out the picture is he?

Reactions: ozz

Status
Not open for further replies.