Carragher: Top six the furthest Everton can go

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least this season anyway, Martinez is gonna need a bit of time. I reckon we can maintain the status quo this season and finish 6/7th.

If we finish 6th and don't win a cup, hopefully things will work in our favour to get us into Europe.

That said they're not I don't reckon they'll finish above 6th really...

Although it's good to hear them say "we'll finish 4th" as opposed to "next year is our year, we'll win the league". At least reality is slightly setting in for them now.

To be honest i think we'll finish behind all the teams who spent more money than us cause thats how football games are decided.

He's right, despite being a tit. Top 6 in Martinez's first season would be more than a pass mark anyway, I don't understand why it's a bad thing. We'll still finish above them.

Carragher said last summer that jelavic was gonna be a BIG BIG player in the PL the season just gone.....

He knows ****....Move on!!

One of the first things I teach people who work for me is to never talk about the opposition, only ever talk about your own. At best it sounds like sour grapes, at worst it spurs the opposition on - thanks Jamie!

At least this season anyway, Martinez is gonna need a bit of time. I reckon we can maintain the status quo this season and finish 6/7th.

If we finish 6th and don't win a cup, hopefully things will work in our favour to get us into Europe.

There´s not a snowballs chance either us or Liverpool will finish 4th. Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Spurs are distances ahead of us both, and the same more or less goes for Arsenal.

It´s going to be a a battle for 6th with us Liverpool and a bunch of other clubs.

When Jamie tries to upset you with comments about Everton, just read the following from his autobiography and think " what a fcuking whopper he really is " He thinks he is Tony Soprano the fcuking melt.

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. “You won’t believe this, Jay. We’re in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?”

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? “There’s only one problem,” added the voice. “Little Davey Thommo is with him.”

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he’d have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/2008/09/04/carragher-nearly-had-lucas-neill-assaulted/

Shytehouse.

Although it's good to hear them say "we'll finish 4th" as opposed to "next year is our year, we'll win the league". At least reality is slightly setting in for them now.

similar thoughts here. We will be somewhere between 5-10th this season. First season under Martinez, I will give him time, patience is a key.

I expect good cup runs

Status
Not open for further replies.