Carragher: Top six the furthest Everton can go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plebs don't even get the irony of their bitter blues jibes. Finished above them 2 seasons in a row and it badly does their heads in

..it's all conjecture at this point and to be fair the bookies odds reflect his opinion. I suspect if you ask most of the TV pundits they would say the same. I'm actually content with the lack of expectation and I hope we can surprise a few. Don't be precious, chill.

On what Carragher has to say.

t8IHP.gif

He's right. Can't see us finishing above Arsenal or Spurs this season (although there's still plenty of business to be done).

As far as Liverpool finishing above us goes, meh, he's entitled to his opinion, but it's hard to call as we're not done in the transfer market and they probably aren't either. At the moment I still fancy us though.

The one-time self-confessed 'Biggest Blue in Bootle', admits in an interview with the Daily Mirror: 'Losing the derby is worse than losing any other game. My passion has gone full circle.
'I was made up on the first day of the season when Blackburn scored that late winner at Goodison. We were getting ready to play Sunderland and it gave me a big lift.'

'Everton controlled my life and dominated my thoughts 24/7. I went to the away games, followed them across Europe and in the mid-80s went to Wembley so often it began to feel like Alton Towers.
'When I talk about that Everton team I still say 'we'. Even when I was playing for Liverpool reserves I'd want Everton's first team to win the derby every time.

He added: 'I hate what they sing about Steven and his family. It's disgusting and goes way beyond the kind of banter that's acceptable in life, not just football.
'Robbie Fowler suffered the same type of scandalous taunts which really hurt him and his family. I'm not saying Liverpool fans are blameless because they're not. They dish out abuse during games with our rivals too. But it ends when the game ends.
'Evertonians spread the lies around the streets of Liverpool and chant them whether they're playing us, Reading or Portsmouth.
'I even hear it on the telly when they're playing away in Europe and I think that could be my family they're singing about.'

Grade A beaut

Hope he gets bummed by a gang of escaped chimps

gary neville has managed to hide his utd bias very well as a pundit, current evidence suggests this soft **** wont be able to do the same.

Top 6 is the best we can hope for and hes prob right

Lets see how long it takes for him to say those lot will fight for the title the deluded turn coat prick

Hate that cocknose. Like anyone can take anything he says seriously in that high-pitched girly whine of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.