2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read earlier in the thread that Everton were to make good his lost wages because the experience here 'mentally traumatised' him...I believe that was the term used. Mind you, I think it may have been one of my own posts I read...so it was almost certainly a load of old bollocks lol
Joking aside the robbery to his home would have been traumatising.

Coming from Ireland two things shocked me when I went to university in Liverpool. 1.Concrete, everywhere. Being so used to greenery I couldn’t get my head around the lack of grass (of course this is natural for a city). 2.Crime. Never witnessed petty crime before. Homes here largely unlocked, while in shops the security is minimal. In stark contrast crime in Liverpool was everywhere, and first seeing bars on ground floor windows was especially shocking (reminded me of Marty McFly in Back to the Future II coming back to an alternate crime riddled Hill Valley with bars in his old home). Grocery stores had a perspex screen covering the food so you felt like you were in a bank...biscuits put through a slot was surreal. Witnessed a lad no more than 12 taunting a cop (bizzy) by smashing a phone box while the cop stood no more than 30 yards from him. Saw a couple of police chases in the middle of town. Our student digs got burgled, and on one occasion we suspected someone was outside and we went out to investigate while carrying machetes (flat mate owned quite a few). It was a shock to the system all this. I wonder how much his own experience played in Carlos decision.

The 'can only win things with top clubs' shouts are embarrassing. 'My gran would win things at Madrid, bayern, Milan.' No she wouldn't. And nor would an average manager. Yeah a team full of top talent will make it to last stages of competitions by default but you need to be a top manager to win. And any top manager needs a good team to win things. Jesus christ himself would need 4 years with this current Everton accumulating a side capable of winning things.

Carlo is in demand by top clubs cause he is a top manager. Top clubs don't just get top players and decide the manager isn't important.

Imagine chasing him out you complete bozos.

You'll reap what you sow.
Thing is even though he's a multimillionaire and only recently was banging on about the Super League. Just shows his hypocrisy had a price.

Coming from Ireland two things shocked me when I went to university in Liverpool. 1.Concrete, everywhere. Being so used to greenery I couldn’t get my head around the lack of grass (of course this is natural for a city). 2.Crime. Never witnessed petty crime before. Homes here largely unlocked, while in shops the security is minimal. In stark contrast crime in Liverpool was everywhere, and first seeing bars on ground floor windows was especially shocking (reminded me of Marty McFly in Back to the Future II coming back to an alternate crime riddled Hill Valley with bars in his old home). Grocery stores had a perspex screen covering the food so you felt like you were in a bank...biscuits put through a slot was surreal. Witnessed a lad no more than 12 taunting a cop (bizzy) by smashing a phone box while the cop stood no more than 30 yards from him. Saw a couple of police chases in the middle of town. Our student digs got burgled, and on one occasion we suspected someone was outside and we went out to investigate while carrying machetes (flat mate owned quite a few). It was a shock to the system all this. I wonder how much his own experience played in Carlos decision.
Now Madrid,there's a crime free city lol

Latin King's will be an experience for him.

Last edited:
The frustrating thing is Carlo would have been judged on next year. He was supposed to be making sweeping changes to the squad and then bring 5 or 6 in and see how next season goes. He could have really pushed on next season, or it could have been more of the same.

Now, his reign will just be another Koeman/Silva that started well and then ended with a turgid run with him unable to stop the rot.
Exactly. People are easy to forget that this season has not been a typical one: short pre-season; congested fixtures; lack of fans for nearly every game.

They aren't excuses but mitigation for what has not been a normal year for many clubs.

The 'can only win things with top clubs' shouts are embarrassing. 'My gran would win things at Madrid, bayern, Milan.' No she wouldn't. And nor would an average manager. Yeah a team full of top talent will make it to last stages of competitions by default but you need to be a top manager to win. And any top manager needs a good team to win things. Jesus christ himself would need 4 years with this current Everton accumulating a side capable of winning things.

Carlo is in demand by top clubs cause he is a top manager. Top clubs don't just get top players and decide the manager isn't important.

Imagine chasing him out you complete bozos.

You'll reap what you sow.

Depends how good the players are as well though.

Barca have been managed by some absolute duds since Pep left but most of them have still won the league and Koeman won the cup. Ancelotti has managed great teams for most of the last 20 years and has fewer league titles than would be expected for that.

Ancelotti is very much a manager that relies on the talent of players to succeed. He's not a manager who's got a record of outperforming the level of talent he has in a squad over a season.

Now Madrid,there's a crime free city lol

chrome-distiller://89a8904c-f66c-4b63-9995-3eb645b10fe3_e97df25aa3c671e626c12c4383fed27b27a6eee9869acf8f354684830e2ad9fa/?title=Los+Trinitarios%2C+la+banda+latina+m%C3%A1s+activa+y+violenta%2C+conquista+las+calles+de+Madrid+%7C+Madrid&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elmundo.es%2Fmadrid%2F2019%2F10%2F27%2F5db47b1dfdddff37258b45d3.html
Like Napoli. No crime at all! Mafia dudes are all christians!

I think all citys madrid included have difficulties like above. I went to uni in liverpool too and training in some really tough schools.And even though I saw crime I felt safe in the city once you were smart. But then again I'm from an area of limerick in ireland where there isnt even concrete as most of the houses are burnt out, loads of green areas but filled with burnt out cars and full with horses, shootings for a number of years on a weekly basis in my estate ( genuinely maybe 2 or 3 a week for a couple years, it has improved in recent years) so liverpool was a nice break for me lol and the people were so welcoming esp when they realised I was an irish blue. I think players and managers are targeted on the continent as well and am sure madrid have security in place thinking of that.

'when my good friend Perez called me out of the blue two days ago. I was so shocked. But then I knew. I had to come home. Its the biggest club in the world. I am so happy.'

Status
Not open for further replies.