2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice to actually get a nice fee for once. Has there been any word on this?

Hopefully they paid off his contract value of £33 million to us
The speed of the events yesterday might mean he had certain teams written into his contract he could leave for with no compo

compensation ? We've probably made up Carlo's wages because he took a pay cut to get away. lol
I read earlier in the thread that Everton were to make good his lost wages because the experience here 'mentally traumatised' him...I believe that was the term used. Mind you, I think it may have been one of my own posts I read...so it was almost certainly a load of old bollocks lol

What is disappointing is this happened super quick, it comes across as he couldn't wait to get the hell out of our club and was just using the club until something better came along.

Best thing about him leaving is that he’s taking his fitness and conditioning coaches with him.

Considering pretty much every game we were slower and less fit than the opposition, this should be viewed as a positive
The fitness guy Antonio Pintus who worked with Carlo at madrid, quit Inter 6 days ago and announced he's going back to Madrid.

The 6 days is worrysome, looks like Carlo had this in the works longer than 48 hours.

It's shifting.

I'd take Nuno but I think he's taken already.

I like the idea of Favre and his football.

But I'd also like to see Lampard given a go here. He'd get in and promote from the academy and get us playing a more vibrant brand of football. He'll be desperate to get in a club and prove himself.

Here's a quote from his time at Derby I liked:

“In terms of style of play, I want to play good football. We want to try to play. We have been one of the teams in the Championship this season who try to play. We try to move the ball through the pitch, rather than being too direct, that’s not my style. It is not the way I want to play.

“I want my team to play good football, but on the other side of that, I want them to be really aggressive and win the ball back."

I rate him, and he's played a big part in this Chelsea team coming to fruition.
I really don't like that I agree with Davek 100%

The 'can only win things with top clubs' shouts are embarrassing. 'My gran would win things at Madrid, bayern, Milan.' No she wouldn't. And nor would an average manager. Yeah a team full of top talent will make it to last stages of competitions by default but you need to be a top manager to win. And any top manager needs a good team to win things. Jesus christ himself would need 4 years with this current Everton accumulating a side capable of winning things.

Carlo is in demand by top clubs cause he is a top manager. Top clubs don't just get top players and decide the manager isn't important.

Imagine chasing him out you complete bozos.

You'll reap what you sow.

They weren't and you're right that the football wasn't amazing, especially at home and during some recent games. So people did have a right to grumble.

Nevertheless, he had the best win rate out of any of last five managers and had overturned some of the historic failings that we had away from home.

View attachment 129094

Under his tenure, we signed some really exciting players, who I think most would admit were beyond our reach prior to his appointment.

Additionally, we did play some great football at times. My point being that while he wasn't perfect there was a large swathe of criticism that many felt was unfair.

It also didn't factor in the shambolic squad he inherited and the size of the task at hand. It's fine to criticise, within reason, as it is fine to praise within reason.

I dread to think what the reaction will be when we most likely do not appoint a manager of his stature and success. Will it then be on Moshiri's toes? Bill?

It's easy to say NSNO and have blind, high expectations, but in reality we're on a journey that'll take him. I want us back to the halcyon day's of the 80s!

Yet, I am realistic that there'll be bumps along the way because it isn't an easy task especially when you consider the mistakes that have already occurred.

The frustrating thing is Carlo would have been judged on next year. He was supposed to be making sweeping changes to the squad and then bring 5 or 6 in and see how next season goes. He could have really pushed on next season, or it could have been more of the same.

Now, his reign will just be another Koeman/Silva that started well and then ended with a turgid run with him unable to stop the rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.