2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not aim to participate in playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.

I aim to CRUSH.
You are an absolute melon.
Lacking in humour.
Trying too hard.
Cringeworthy repeats of the same content.

Now explain why what Everton fans writing on a forum has got to do with Ancelotti leaving Everton for Real Madrid as you had previously suggested, preferably without using a bed wetting reference, as it just isn’t that funny.

The club managed to get Ancelotti here, I’m sure they are more than capable of appointing a decent manager again.

I'm more worried by the reports - all of them from reliable journos - that Everton were stunned by how quickly it all happened.

Everton being stunned that other clubs get things done quickly, ey?

Remarkable. Honestly, I think we've got a load of jokers in charge.

They've appointed, over their time now, 4 permanent managers. None have been a success.

Let's face it, nobody is sad because a manager who took us to 12th and 10th playing some horrific footy has left. We're sad because it means we've got to try and build all again and we all accepted there were plenty of caveats as to why we finished where we finished and, to an extent, played how we played, and we knew that in Ancelotti we had the type of manager who knew how to get results - and he proved it last season in certain games - that if we had better players could at least give us something (it wasn't much, mind) to build on.

I just have little faith in the process now, but let's hope it's unfounded. It's fine for fans to be shocked at things moving quickly in football. But clubs should not be, and it once again goes to show just how effing slow we can be compared to other sides - that we were actually baffled that Madrid had it all but sewn up in a day.

The club managed to get Ancelotti here, I’m sure they are more than capable of appointing a decent manager again.

I'd like to see us take a punt on a younger guy rather than going after the same old names. Can't give any examples as I'm not really in touch with much footie outside the Prem, but I'm sure there must be young managers somewhere out there who are starting to make a name for themselves. Lets give them the opportunity to move onto the bigger stage.

the club should, in theory, be more than well placed enough and have enough time to go out and get a manager who can improve on a 10th-placed finish

the fact that we’re worried they aren’t says more about the club than us

The worries stem from the squad.

A fully fit squad with good additions in the hands of the right manager we can push for Europe.

A squad carrying a few injuries to its best players/ best players have left and replaced poorly, in the hands of a poor manager then we could be in problems in the bottom half.

If this was the squad Moyes left then there’d be no issue with any new manager picking us up really. If for whatever reason though James Allan Richarlison weren’t available to us next season or not fully at it then we’re straight back into the core group of players that have failed year after year under every single manager.

so it’s people writing on here who have contributed to Ancelotti leaving Everton for Real Madrid?
Of course they didn't. I suspect the wider issue, perhaps cloaked in some light-hearted jest, is that as a fan base we've become overly irrational.

Whether it was being unrealistic and overly critical or even impatient, the overall culture isn't great at the moment and hasn't been for a while.

I'm more worried by the reports - all of them from reliable journos - that Everton were stunned by how quickly it all happened.

Everton being stunned that other clubs get things done quickly, ey?

Remarkable. Honestly, I think we've got a load of jokers in charge.

They've appointed, over their time now, 4 permanent managers. None have been a success.

Let's face it, nobody is sad because a manager who took us to 12th and 10th playing some horrific footy has left. We're sad because it means we've got to try and build all again and we all accepted there were plenty of caveats as to why we finished where we finished and, to an extent, played how we played, and we knew that in Ancelotti we had the type of manager who knew how to get results - and he proved it last season in certain games - that if we had better players could at least give us something (it wasn't much, mind) to build on.

I just have little faith in the process now, but let's hope it's unfounded. It's fine for fans to be shocked at things moving quickly in football. But clubs should not be, and it once again goes to show just how effing slow we can be compared to other sides - that we were actually baffled that Madrid had it all but sewn up in a day.

Allardyce was only a permanent appointment in name alone. It was fairly obvious that he was brought in to do a job and then get him out asap giving him the extra year as a bonus.

Am not mad, am just disappointed.

The thing which infuriates me more right now is the fact the this bunch of cowards we are left with, get yet another clean slate and won't be shipped out.

Thing is though, that's not how it should work under a DoF model.

A new manager coming in doesn't change our need for a right winger (or two wingers tbh), a central midfielder and a right-back, for example.

Does this mean whoever comes in will give the squad 12 months to see what they are working with. Meaning we've another season of rubbish.

Allardyce was only a permanent appointment in name alone. It was fairly obvious that he was brought in to do a job and then get him out asap giving him the extra year as a bonus.

And it cost us £6m in wages and £50m in transfer fees for the privelage.

Thing is though, that's not how it should work under a DoF model.

A new manager coming in doesn't change our need for a right winger (or two wingers tbh), a central midfielder and a right-back, for example.

Hey Toff - yeah you know that and I know that, but I don't believe we are working under a proper DoF model.

Which is highly frustrating.

If we where I am certain someone like Gallardo would be top of the list, instead, we see the same dross we see every time we have looked for a manager which is like 5 times in the last 6 years or something.

The worries stem from the squad.

A fully fit squad with good additions in the hands of the right manager we can push for Europe.

A squad carrying a few injuries to its best players/ best players have left and replaced poorly, in the hands of a poor manager then we could be in problems in the bottom half.

If this was the squad Moyes left then there’d be no issue with any new manager picking us up really. If for whatever reason though James Allan Richarlison weren’t available to us next season or not fully at it then we’re straight back into the core group of players that have failed year after year under every single manager.

That's true mate but right now, manager or not, it's clear what we need isn't it.

A new manager will still need the same things that Carlo did. They aren't going to be able to make Coleman magically younger, they aren't going to be able to make Iwobi a winger who wants to stretch teams and they aren't going to be able to roll back to pre-injury Gomes and make him a proper ball carrying midfielder.

So again, in that sense, the club should know what they need and it should be a case of working to the same targets they'd agreed on beforehand... If (big if I think because we leave everything so late) we have those targets in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.