2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Toff - yeah you know that and I know that, but I don't believe we are working under a proper DoF model.

Which is highly frustrating.

If we where I am certain someone like Gallardo would be top of the list, instead, we see the same dross we see every time we have looked for a manager which is like 5 times in the last 6 years or something.
hey mate, keeping well?

And yeah I fully agree. It's a mess.

The worries stem from the squad.

A fully fit squad with good additions in the hands of the right manager we can push for Europe.

A squad carrying a few injuries to its best players/ best players have left and replaced poorly, in the hands of a poor manager then we could be in problems in the bottom half.

If this was the squad Moyes left then there’d be no issue with any new manager picking us up really. If for whatever reason though James Allan Richarlison weren’t available to us next season or not fully at it then we’re straight back into the core group of players that have failed year after year under every single manager.

James is the biggest "concern". I think he will now leave and we probably have to hope he leaves. I think he is close to being finished, and he played through injury this season for Ancelotti. He won't do that for anyone else.

Allan might go on loan. He may take his pay packet and keep going though.

Richarlison in honesty has not been at his best under Carlo. So I don't worry about a new manager. The concern will be that he wants to go. If we can get 60m ish for him, we might need to move him on.

It's not a 0 sum game though. They will have some money and wages freed up from them sales and will be able top bring some of their players in.

I guess there could be a theory there that the board didn't really try and stop him but said differently for the fans.

Interesting how there's nothing from the players with regards to him leaving. Usually expect a few to make comment on social...

Any word on compensation or did we just roll over and terminate his contract when he asked?

Before he went I said I reckon he'll have a clause allowing him to leave. I still think this is the case.

"BUT REAL MADRID ARE SKINT AND CANT BUY OUT HIS CONTRACT" was never happening.

Any word on compensation or did we just roll over and terminate his contract when he asked?

We got some compo for sure, however we will probably have a good relationship with Real Madrid (not a bad relationship to have) after getting James on a free.

James is the biggest "concern". I think he will now leave and we probably have to hope he leaves. I think he is close to being finished, and he played through injury this season for Ancelotti. He won't do that for anyone else.

Allan might go on loan. He may take his pay packet and keep going though.

Richarlison in honesty has not been at his best under Carlo. So I don't worry about a new manager. The concern will be that he wants to go. If we can get 60m ish for him, we might need to move him on.

It's not a 0 sum game though. They will have some money and wages freed up from them sales and will be able top bring some of their players in.

I don't think Allan is the type of player to just leave mate or give up.

He didn't when Carlo left Napoli - Gattuso played him further forward and then dropped him as they'd signed a load of new midfielders.

He also actually came through at Napoli under Sarri IIRC.

Why am I seeing some suggest Allan is a mercenary who will just want to take his paypacket or go away?

Allan strikes me as one who will give 110% regardless and has shown nothing on or off the pitch to suggest otherwise. The James leaving shouts I understand but the Allan ones are odd.

Interesting how there's nothing from the players with regards to him leaving. Usually expect a few to make comment on social...

Before he went I said I reckon he'll have a clause allowing him to leave. I still think this is the case.

"BUT REAL MADRID ARE SKINT AND CANT BUY OUT HIS CONTRACT" was never happening.

King's report in the Mail said the squad is gutted and shocked.

Most of them away on international duty so I guess they're just getting on with that.

Why am I seeing some suggest Allan is a mercenary who will just want to take his paypacket or go away?

Allan strikes me as one who will give 110% regardless and has shown nothing on or off the pitch to suggest otherwise. The James leaving shouts I understand but the Allan ones are odd.

Yeah 100%

That's true mate but right now, manager or not, it's clear what we need isn't it.

A new manager will still need the same things that Carlo did. They aren't going to be able to make Coleman magically younger, they aren't going to be able to make Iwobi a winger who wants to stretch teams and they aren't going to be able to roll back to pre-injury Gomes and make him a proper ball carrying midfielder.

So again, in that sense, the club should know what they need and it should be a case of working to the same targets they'd agreed on beforehand... If (big if I think because we leave everything so late) we have those targets in place.

If almost like to see us move towards the Chelsea model. Of the club just slapping down the transfer options for each position in front of the new coach and saying this is what he has to work with. That way we avoid the scenario we may well be in now where James and Allan may have been playing for a manager and not the club (although we need to see how this pans out before criticising)

I doubt Tuchel is telling Chelsea ‘I don’t want Lukaku, get me Calvert Lewin instead’. Tuchel will manage whoever Marina and Roman tell him to. We need to get to that position where our youth players coming through and our recruitment are almost independent of managers and could provide any manager with enough options to make a team.

If almost like to see us move towards the Chelsea model. Of the club just slapping down the transfer options for each position in front of the new coach and saying this is what he has to work with. That way we avoid the scenario we may well be in now where James and Allan may have been playing for a manager and not the club (although we need to see how this pans out before criticising)

I doubt Tuchel is telling Chelsea ‘I don’t want Lukaku, get me Calvert Lewin instead’. Tuchel will manage whoever Marina and Roman tell him to. We need to get to that position where our youth players coming through and our recruitment are almost independent of managers and could provide any manager with enough options to make a team.
We've had 3 years of this DoF now and have no idea if he has any control.

Not saying that's all on him, but you are right in that that's how a DoF model should work.

Managers can of course want there own players in to an extent, as long as they're good players - James and Allan are.

But it should just be a case of dropping a manager into a system that is moving and the wheels are still turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.