2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Car Loan (as in Car Loan Celotti) - to return the keys after 18 months and get a new Spanish upgrade, on Cazoo, naturally.

hey mate, keeping well?

And yeah I fully agree. It's a mess.
Yeah all good mate, jobs and other life getting in the way of my GOT posts hahaha.

Its just a mess completely, and I genuinely don't know which way it'll end up. I do think if we end up hiring one of the beaten paths (howe, Rafael yada yada) Ill prob be swerving it till they go, they aren't the answer and never have been.

Of course they didn't. I suspect the wider issue, perhaps cloaked in some light-hearted jest, is that as a fan base we've become overly irrational.

Whether it was being unrealistic and overly critical or even impatient, the overall culture isn't great at the moment and hasn't been for a while.
That’s because his results weren’t anything spectacular overall, the football was absolutely dire and he oversaw the worst home form in many a year.
People will comment on what they see unfolding, so if that seems overly critical then so be it I guess.

Everton fans are by and large a frustrated bunch and who can blame them though.

Look, I'm still devastated over it. I genuinely thought we had turned a corner, if not on the pitch but as a club. New stadium, top classs manager who if backed over 3/4 years would have us competing. It wasn't to be.

Plenty of positives to take;

1. The football wasn't great anyway and we're 2 positions better off. It's not like we've finished 4th and lost him. So it's not like we are resetting back to mid-table from being much better.
2. We've raised our profile in the meantime.

Most importantly for me.

3. NOW is the opportunity to really back the DoF model. If we really want some stability, if we want to have an actual identity and a plan. Now is the time to go full on for it. Brands says he wants stability as the most important thing, he hasn't had that once yet as DOF. Ancelotti wasn't a brands appointment, it didnt fit the profile that would work well for him.

Whilst the generally crepuscular, sardonic tone of my many posts herein this forum might imply (and doubtless infer) a 'glass half empty' disposition, such supposition is the antipode of my actual slant on life. Thus, I am unsurprised and undisappointed by Carlo's departure and actually believe good will come of it. Everton is an interesting beast; capricious and thus difficult to manage. The best manager for the job is Conte. Get him and my sardonicism will transmogrify into something ethereally buoyant and bright.
And failing securing Conte?...well, this Blue Chrimbo's panto is a write-off (The Mikado FFS!), but next year's, I am sure, will see a return to more traditional Yuletide fantasticism...and surely that is something we can all look forward to.

NSNO

Since he arrived I have nothing but admiration for him as a man ,the edge has been dulled a bit by this apparent love for the team and place flying out of the window ,to step back in time and face the boot quite quickly .
I can guess at the reasons but they don't now concern me as he is in the past but I have to say that some of his tactics smelled of him giving his son the reins as they didn't seem those of an experienced manager .He got some great results and some stinkers so on that basis he seems to be over the hill now .
Some have said that he only performs well with a team of stars and that would seem to have foundation .
Now he has gone I wish him luck but no more .
Who will we get ? May be a good one with some loyalty but please no Moyes .

I'd almost understand (though not agree) if it was about money. Like Ancelotti wanted one last pay check to provide for his family, or he should capitalize on his value when he had a down year. At least that would make some logical sense if he went for the money.

But no matter what happens now, if he wins one or two champions league or la ligas, he had to backstab Everton to do it. He had a chance to prove that he could live up to his persona in the media, but he ruined it by leaving early. I actually wouldn't begrudge him if he left at the end of next season, that would mean he had gave it two seasons and made no improvement, but after a year is really doing the club dirty. This will always be on his record that he left us for dead.

Any word on compensation or did we just roll over and terminate his contract when he asked?

I heard Real was paying Everton 30m euros.

Whilst the generally crepuscular, sardonic tone of my many posts herein this forum might imply (and doubtless infer) a 'glass half empty' disposition, such supposition is the antipode of my actual slant on life. Thus, I am unsurprised and undisappointed by Carlo's departure and actually believe good will come of it. Everton is an interesting beast; capricious and thus difficult to manage. The best manager for the job is Conte. Get him and my sardonicism will transmogrify into something ethereally buoyant and bright.
And failing securing Conte?...well, this Blue Chrimbo's panto is a write-off (The Mikado FFS!), but next year's, I am sure, will see a return to more traditional Yuletide fantasticism...and surely that is something we can all look forward to.

NSNO
You have been waiting for the chance to do that .

Status
Not open for further replies.