2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on who his replacement is will make the summer transfers very interesting now.

It's almost worth going for a low budget manager and give it 2 or 3 years to clear the dross out and start again.

Try not to get relegated being the sole aim!
Gone from wanting to get a champions league place to just wanting to avoid relegation within 24 hours. What a bloody grim scene.

I agree.

Carlo is seen as the ultimate safe pair of hands. He is like an elite level Allardyce.

There is no danger. He is never going to build anything or take the club forwards, but his personality and man-mangement skills give clubs an initial boost.

What we need is a young progressive coach who will prioritise young players. Sign young players, develop them and build the club. Buy at the right age and crucially sell at the right age.

Above all we need to stop looking for quick fixes, which inevitably ends in paying pensions to players who don't deserve to wear the shirt.
Yes I could always see Sam Allardyce being tempted away from Everton by Real Madrid

I hope we get Howe and you can support him

I actually struggled to sleep last night because of this, sad I know.
The only slight saving grace for me is that it’s Real Madrid and not a Villarreal or Sevilla etc. They are still in the top 5 clubs in the world and a big draw for any manager.

I feel sorry already for the next manager, no appointment will be as satisfactory as having Ancelotti and they will be on a hiding to nothing from day one knowing our fan base.
We've simply got to hope that the board will be able to attract another top-quality and proven manager rather than accepting a significant drop in standard.

We may not get another Carlo, which perversely may actually please some on here, but we've got to be closer to his standard than the likes of Martinez and Silva.

He's gone to a much larger club where he's been successful, which I can to an extent understand. As a club, we now have to move on and move forward,

My largest concern is that our preparations for next season will be significantly set back, with a new manager having to work with Brands on new names.

The only slight saving grace for me is that it’s Real Madrid and not a Villarreal or Sevilla etc. They are still in the top 5 clubs in the world and a big draw for any manager.

I feel sorry already for the next manager, no appointment will be as satisfactory as having Ancelotti and they will be on a hiding to nothing from day one knowing our fan base.
This is what I'm worried about tbh, The dogs will be at his neck straight away whoever comes in next.

It seems like the norm now that Everton managers are here for about 18 months, that being the case the DOF, be that Brands or somebody else, must have the final say on all transfers. We need to sign players who will continue to be assets when the manager goes. We also need to have a football philosophy and future managers should be very much in the ‘head coach’ style and willing to buy in to the club’s vision.

I know it’s not what we are used to, but, what we have been doing for the past 5 years has clearly not been working and each departing manager leaves his own set of expensive misfits behind him.

Depending on who his replacement is will make the summer transfers very interesting now.

It's almost worth going for a low budget manager and give it 2 or 3 years to clear the dross out and start again.

Try not to get relegated being the sole aim!
Do you know if Moshiri told the fans we are going for a young manager who will bring in young players and phase out the dross but there will be a short term drop in performances ( not sure there would be compared to last season) the cast majority of fans won be OK with that.
We need to have a plan , communicate it and stick to it.

Premiership survival is number 1 priority next season. We get some one in and play the attacking football the bedwetting club set-backers wanted we will have a spirited Fulham style relegation.

Floppy bedwetters you have contributed to this with the energy you bring. And it won't be forgotten.

Keep that bingo meme handy.

This is what I'm worried about tbh, The dogs will be at his neck straight away whoever comes in next.
Hiding to nothing- to spend millions , and get us higher than 10th - don't think so ...... a basic footballing manager could do that in fact Fat Sam beat that spending less ......the football at the latter end of the season was worse Han Fat Sams yes Carlo was left with dead wood, but failed to deal with it ......our youth policy was non exsistent under Carlo - who ever gets the job needs to be far more ruthless and show passion .......Loads of names out there we need a young enthusiastic Manager imo - new ideas etc a former player big Dunc with guidance is ideal imo ......

Clean slate for me personally I never bought into the Carlo Fantasico hype was made up we got him dont get me wrong but many were making countless excuses for him this season and throwing the players constantly under the bus.

I do think though the owners have to bare this in mind though as any manager new to the PL or someone like Howe/Potter wont be given anywhere near as much rope.

I know in theory Brands should be the one to pick the next bloke but I would be offering the likes of Conte/Pochettino/Biesla whatever money they wanted as I think they are the only three available out there at present who a lot of fans would get behind.

The likes of Kovac/Ten Hag/Favre possibly but outside of the football hipster your average Evertonian at the match probably wont have heard much of any of them.

This is why the club ie Brands or Moshiri need to come out and state what the plan is. Are we going to go with a younger manager and younger players and build, that sort of thing. We have a chance for a bit of a reset here but it only works if we do it properly. Communication is key here and i think if fans know we actually have a plan they will be fine.

Premiership survival is number 1 priority next season. We get some one in and play the attacking football the bedwetting club set-backers wanted we will have a spirited Fulham style relegation.

Floppy bedwetters you have contributed to this with the energy you bring. And it won't be forgotten.

(Sigh)

it doesn’t get funnier the more you write it, trust me.

so it’s people writing on here who have contributed to Ancelotti leaving Everton for Real Madrid?
You try too hard pal.

No its another top half finish and a further removal of more deadwood from our squad.

Me too, I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about the whole situation. I even had anxiety trying to sleep last night.

(Sigh)

it doesn’t get funnier the more you write it, trust me.

so it’s people writing on here who have contributed to Ancelotti leaving Everton for Real Madrid?
You try too hard pal.

He's looking for attention, nobody drove Carlo out the club. 99% of fans wanted this whole project to be seen out and for us to be challenging for the top places. Real Madrid came calling and Carlo left, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.