2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on who his replacement is will make the summer transfers very interesting now.

It's almost worth going for a low budget manager and give it 2 or 3 years to clear the dross out and start again.

Try not to get relegated being the sole aim!

Depending on who his replacement is will make the summer transfers will be very interesting now.

It's almost worth going for a low budget manager and give it 2 or 3 years to clear the dross out and start again.

Try not to get relegated being the sole aim!
Another 2 or 3 years for the new manager to sort things out.....that statement has got be in the top 5 over used statements for EFC supporters

I actually struggled to sleep last night because of this, sad I know.
The only slight saving grace for me is that it’s Real Madrid and not a Villarreal or Sevilla etc. They are still in the top 5 clubs in the world and a big draw for any manager.

I feel sorry already for the next manager, no appointment will be as satisfactory as having Ancelotti and they will be on a hiding to nothing from day one knowing our fan base.

The only slight saving grace for me is that it’s Real Madrid and not a Villarreal or Sevilla etc. They are still in the top 5 clubs in the world and a big draw for any manager.

I feel sorry already for the next manager, no appointment will be as satisfactory as having Ancelotti and they will be on a hiding to nothing from day one knowing our fan base.
I already hate our new manager and have a banner ready.

The most annoying thing about all this for me is he has left us whilst saddling us with a couple of older players (his players) in Rodriguez (who was boss to see in a blue shirt for a season to be fair) and Allan (meh).

He also made the decision to ditch Kean and now we have that to deal with too.

Wish him well, wasn't to be.

We move on and hope that we can get some stability, though Ancelotti was the one to give us that as he also really loved the area, etc.

The most annoying thing about all this for me is he has left us whilst saddling us with a couple of older players (his players) in Rodriguez (who was boss to see in a blue shirt for a season to be fair) and Allan (meh).

He also made the decision to ditch Kean and now we have that to deal with too.

It’s not really saddled is it?

If this was Walsh/Koeman then yes, it’s 100% saddled.

Allan and James would get snapped up, should they become available. We found out the hard way that wasn’t the case for Sandro/Bolasie/Sigurdsson/Williams who all earned hefty contracts on high wages for being very average.

As for Kean, well, it was the right idea, but a terrible fit for our system. He doesn’t want to be here, and if he doesn’t we need to sell him, very few managers would keep an unhappy player and if we turn a profit, happy days.

They may get lucky due to the fact that last season, especially the end of it, was incredibly turgid stuff.

If someone comes in, makes a couple of signings and shows a bit of attacking intent they will be fine.

I agree.

Carlo is seen as the ultimate safe pair of hands. He is like an elite level Allardyce.

There is no danger. He is never going to build anything or take the club forwards, but his personality and man-mangement skills give clubs an initial boost.

What we need is a young progressive coach who will prioritise young players. Sign young players, develop them and build the club. Buy at the right age and crucially sell at the right age.

Above all we need to stop looking for quick fixes, which inevitably ends in paying pensions to players who don't deserve to wear the shirt.

That's his strength really. There is a lot of humility with him, in terms of how he deals with the players, fans, media etc. It's not actually an easy job following Mourinho or Pep or others he has, but you can see he has a nice level of confidence around him. Really post Milan he hasn't really built a club up and really added value. But he has stabilised a number of teams since going in, and I can well imagine he does the same with Madrid. He wont be there long term but you fancy him to win another trophy or 2.

It's odd we went for him and while I am disappointed I not dejected as some are. It was a surprising appointment and you sense Moshiri wants a big name to prove a point, and to a degree a lot of fans want a big name to prove a point. It's hard as many Everton fans have seen us go from essentially being a big club to not being a big club, and so the opportunity of a big name manager gives us that short cut into having it back. I've seen a few people saying things like the worst part of this is that people are laughing at us. I sort of think who cares? We have to stop caring what others think about us, and start focusing on winning games. We are always going to have detractors and people making snide digs, but you cant build your strategy around that.

There was clearly a plan under Ancelotti and if we are to be balanced we would have to say it was a plan that had worked but there were limitations emerging. As you said, adding experienced players for 1 season is one thing, but to be repeating it year after year would cause bigger problems down the line.

For the 1st time since Brands has arrived there is some stability and we have put tangible distance between ourselves and the relegation zone (I believe 30 points). This feels the right moment now- with the rumours Brands is taking a more thorough role in the football side to find a coach that will fit that brief. We need more signings like Godfrey, Nkounkou & Brainthwaite and probably a coach who will give them playing time.

Don't blame him at all. Frankly he must be pinching himself. Clearly someone who works with good players but struggles with average players (like an anti-Moyes). He's a great manager, his CV says so, but it was difficult to see much improvement based on the last 6 months. We were terrible to watch and I know that's a good part to do with the players, but he couldn't get a tune out of them and we / he looked a bit lost.

Ok, City are a very good team, but we lost 5-0, when we needed a win. Then he gets offered the Madrid job. Not surprised he accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.