2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are treading a fine line here with some potentially serious libellous comments.

It’s actually quite disgraceful due to having a different opinion on a football manager.
hello buddy i am a lawyer u can call me mr lawyer if u like and i am here to help u bring lawsuit against nasty poster who called u unkind things. my service is free.

The way I’m choosing to see it at the moment is that:

Our best form of the season was when we had all players available, fit and firing.

Our roughest patches came when we had Richarlison out, and any combo of our summer signings out.

We've achieved some good results (Chelsea and Leicester spring to mind) without key players and also banished the Anfield monkey from our backs.

Carlo has defo dropped a clanger or two along the way and is not totally beyond reproach but I think the overarching problem is our squad being dump beyond our best 11 players. Carlo has won us more points than he’s lost us, so overall I’m happy.

I think the biggest problem for Ancelotti is that football is not just about results. Results tend to fade over time. In terms of points, we can not complain, but it depends on expectations. My expectation was top 8. This is what I had expected an average manager to achieve with today's squad. Almost regardless of playing style.

But I also watch football matches to be entertained. This can be anything from Guerdiola style to good old fashioned British football with a lot of duels and tackles. I want some temperature and passion. For me, the biggest problem, apart from some matches, is that we have been completely flat. We are so predictable, and it seems like we just want to finish the matches before they even start.

We meet teams like Newcastle, Burnley, etc., and for some strange reason it looks like they are a mix of Guerdiola's Barcelona and Klopp's Liverpool. We even made Rotherdam look like Brazil in 1986. And all the time I hear the same excuses, Ancelotti does the best he can with the players he has. He needs Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Cafu, Gattouso, Seedorf, Prilo, Kaka, Schevchenko, Inzaghi before we can start playing good football. It is to believe in fairy tales that Everton will have such good players in the near future. (Ancelotti's league record with this team is not impressive either, but now I will probably be crucified).

But the point is almost every football manager has to settle for players who do not possess the optimal qualities (apart from the very biggest clubs). The job of the manager is to make the sum bigger than the parts, and mostly, give the fans some excitement and entertainment. Ever since Ancelotti took over the job, we have done well in terms of points, but the development as a team has been largely constant.

Maybe we have to wait until next season, I do not know, but there is nothing to suggest that we are in development when it comes to playing football. Ancelotti has been given quite a long time, at least in the football context, to develop this. But nothing has happened.

Now I do not think we should fire Ancelotti, it's crazy, but one might wonder if this is the way Everton will play football under Ancelotti. Just realizing that Ancelotti is a manager with an ultra defensive attitude when he does not have world stars on the team, a bit like Big Sam, Tony Pulis, only that he appears a little more sophisticated on the outside.

The way I’m choosing to see it at the moment is that:

Our best form of the season was when we had all players available, fit and firing.

Our roughest patches came when we had Richarlison out, and any combo of our summer signings out.

We've achieved some good results (Chelsea and Leicester spring to mind) without key players and also banished the Anfield monkey from our backs.

Carlo has defo dropped a clanger or two along the way and is not totally beyond reproach but I think the overarching problem is our squad being dump beyond our best 11 players. Carlo has won us more points than he’s lost us, so overall I’m happy.
Sums the season up pretty well.

I think the biggest problem for Ancelotti is that football is not just about results. Results tend to fade over time. In terms of points, we can not complain, but it depends on expectations. My expectation was top 8. This is what I had expected an average manager to achieve with today's squad. Almost regardless of playing style.

But I also watch football matches to be entertained. This can be anything from Guerdiola style to good old fashioned British football with a lot of duels and tackles. I want some temperature and passion. For me, the biggest problem, apart from some matches, is that we have been completely flat. We are so predictable, and it seems like we just want to finish the matches before they even start.

We meet teams like Newcastle, Burnley, etc., and for some strange reason it looks like they are a mix of Guerdiola's Barcelona and Klopp's Liverpool. We even made Rotherdam look like Brazil in 1986. And all the time I hear the same excuses, Ancelotti does the best he can with the players he has. He needs Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Cafu, Gattouso, Seedorf, Prilo, Kaka, Schevchenko, Inzaghi before we can start playing good football. It is to believe in fairy tales that Everton will have such good players in the near future. (Ancelotti's league record with this team is not impressive either, but now I will probably be crucified).

But the point is almost every football manager has to settle for players who do not possess the optimal qualities (apart from the very biggest clubs). The job of the manager is to make the sum bigger than the parts, and mostly, give the fans some excitement and entertainment. Ever since Ancelotti took over the job, we have done well in terms of points, but the development as a team has been largely constant.

Maybe we have to wait until next season, I do not know, but there is nothing to suggest that we are in development when it comes to playing football. Ancelotti has been given quite a long time, at least in the football context, to develop this. But nothing has happened.

Now I do not think we should fire Ancelotti, it's crazy, but one might wonder if this is the way Everton will play football under Ancelotti. Just realizing that Ancelotti is a manager with an ultra defensive attitude when he does not have world stars on the team, a bit like Big Sam, Tony Pulis, only that he appears a little more sophisticated on the outside.
"ut one might wonder if this is the way Everton will play football under Ancelotti. Just realizing that Ancelotti is a manager with an ultra defensive attitude when he does not have world stars on the team,"

The fact he brought in James Rodriguez suggests that a) he can bring in stars b) does not intend to be ultra-defensive

Some are treading a fine line here with some potentially serious libellous comments.

It’s actually quite disgraceful due to having a different opinion on a football manager.

giphy.gif

We’ve tried various formations this season depending on the available personnel. Our main issue is the lack of quality in the squad which has meant us having to play quite negatively at times to deal with injuries to key players. We were an awful lot more effective on Monday with James in the team but we blew a load of chances. If we had run out 4-1 winners the mood on here would be different, and really it was all down to profligate finishing.

The summer will be the acid test. We need to add some more quality and hopefully things will improve in terms of the football we’re playing. Definitely been some poor results and performances this season but also some excellent ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.