2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed everyone seems to hurl lots of personal insults here if you don't toe the line and pretend Carlo is still the manager he was at Milan. Very strange behaviour - why can't we have our own opinions?
Some are treading a fine line here with some potentially serious libellous comments.

It’s actually quite disgraceful due to having a different opinion on a football manager.

I disagree. He’s seen it and won it all, is calm and a good man manager. Time will tell if it works out for him here.
I respect your opinion and respectfully disagree. Managing Maldini and the like is easier than managing Coleman and Sigurdsson. World class players do the work for you.

Some are treading a fine line here with some potentially serious libellous comments.

It’s actually quite disgraceful due to having a different opinion on a football manager.
Isn’t it against forum rules to personally insult other members and accuse them of stuff that isn’t true?

because I’ve had some terrible stuff said to me already.

I agree - we need to give him another window. I would love to be proved wrong of course but I just don’t see how Carlo is going to get 6 players he needs. Because we need 6 players who can hit the ground running if we want to persist with Carlo’s pragmatic style of football.

Or we can start from scratch, rip it up. Bring in young, hungry players with potential and develop them and do it with attacking football. The stuff we serve up is bad - and dated.
I think we came away from that model to try and give Carlo the tools to get us into Europe, however all our main transfers have been injured for long periods effectively leaving him the same midfield as last season and before which isn't good enough by any stretch.

Too many injuries too key players and we get this because he doesn't trust the fringe players to perform so he shuts up shop instead.

Isn’t it against forum rules to personally insult other members and accuse them of stuff that isn’t true?

It's very unforgiving for new posters like I say stick to your guns. On this subject though you won't get many supporters, I agree the insults are a bit much like.

I’ve reported the said comment, so we shall see. It sets a precedent if such allegations are thrown about for a laugh.

I’m disgusted in @Brisan123 actually. Disagreed with him numerous times but thought he was above that.

I think we came away from that model to try and give Carlo the tools to get us into Europe, however all our main transfers have been injured for long periods effectively leaving him the same midfield as last season and before which isn't good enough by any stretch.

Too many injuries too key players and we get this because he doesn't trust the fringe players to perform so he shuts up shop instead.
That’s fair. Like I say let’s see what the summer brings - but if Carlo is still serving up this terrible football next season AND still getting schooled by the likes of Steve Bruce then the fans will turn.

That’s fair. Like I say let’s see what the summer brings - but if Carlo is still serving up this terrible football next season AND still getting schooled by the likes of Steve Bruce then the fans will turn.
I think in a years time if it is still the same people will ask questions definitely.

Is he too nice?

He always seems happy to shrug off a loss - regardless of opposition and never seems to call out the disgraceful cowardly performances from players payed millions to kick a ball (imagine them having to work in an ICU!!). And despite some of the disgusting performances they will be on tiktok dancing and on Instagram with their new fashion trends instead of on the training ground putting it right!

And Carlo will still pick them next week.

Maybe these players need a dose of someone with passion and discipline - a Roy Keane type, Dyche(?), Ferguson or tempt Moyes back from West Ham. And don't tell me they wouldn't play good football because we currently aren't any better than under Allardyce (at least we could see out a lead at home!)
Good grief. This post has a few of my all-time worst footballing cliches.

“imagine them having to work in an ICU!” - Why?

“blah blah blah Instagram and TikTok” - What has that got to do with ANYTHING? You do realise all players throughout history have had private lives outside of football, modern players are just more visible (through fan engagement, which we praise them for when times are good). Do you expect every player to shun their friends and families and just wallow in a pit of despair after every loss?

“PASHUN!” - Who cares if Keane was a passionate player? He’d be a crap manager! How would Dyche’s hoofball help the fact that our best midfielders are injured? Might get us a result or two in the short-term but if you’re suggesting he’d be better for us longer term that CA you’re a legit madman.

The vast majority of teams are struggling more at home this season. It’s mad to me how pundits and fans will marvel over the much-improved away records of X, Y and Z but not put that together with the dip in home form across the board, too. Increased regularity of games (and the injuries that come with that) and a complete lack of fans/atmosphere has been a huge equaliser.

Carlo isn't beyond criticism but he is far beyond some of the ridiculous shouts that infer he is some sort of fraud who has had some sort of brain transplant which means the very brain that delivered numerous trophies - can't adapt to a club which contains players who he wouldn't have considered good enough to train with the substitutes from his previous sides.

Maybe he trusts his players to see out a one nil lead against a side fighting relegation and maybe he trusts his strikers to finish one of the 7 clear cut chances.

My biggest level of annoyance with Ancellotti is disappointment - my biggest level of annoyance with previous managers was pure anger.

Maybe it's his numerous top level trophies and massive respect of nearly every player he's managed thats kidded me into feeling this way. He's got a good few Davie Moyes "circle the wagons" or Koeman "do you know who I am" matches before I start questioning if we could get any better.

Good grief. This post has a few of my all-time worst footballing cliches.

“imagine them having to work in an ICU!” - Why?

“blah blah blah Instagram and TikTok” - What has that got to do with ANYTHING? You do realise all players throughout history have had private lives outside of football, modern players are just more visible (through fan engagement, which we praise them for when times are good). Do you expect every player to shun their friends and families and just wallow in a pit of despair after every loss?

“PASHUN!” - Who cares if Keane was a passionate player? He’d be a crap manager! How would Dyche’s hoofball help the fact that our best midfielders are injured? Might get us a result or two in the short-term but if you’re suggesting he’d be better for us longer term that CA you’re a legit madman.

The vast majority of teams are struggling more at home this season. It’s mad to me how pundits and fans will marvel over the much-improved away records of X, Y and Z but not put that together with the dip in home form across the board, too. Increased regularity of games (and the injuries that come with that) and a complete lack of fans/atmosphere has been a huge equaliser.
A few? I thought I did a good job of getting all the best ones in!

To counterbalance this. He has also schooled Klopp at Anfield. We will have much better options next year and much less dreck in our squad with the departures this summer.

To counterbalance this. He has also schooled Klopp at Anfield. We will have much better options next year and much less dreck in our squad with the departures this summer.
And to counter that, potter and Scott Parker also schooled Klopp at Anfield. Means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.