2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll reign it in when I stop getting accused of being a Kopite as well and also being accused of being other members who used to post here.

Ancelotti isn’t doing a very good job at Everton and he is paid a fortune to essentially get results. We don’t pay him to look back at his past with other clubs.

A few of us are entitled to be fed up.
I haven't accused you of being a kopite. But you've lashed out because you've joined an Everton forum and done nothing but moan about the manager since joining.

Now I get that you might be miffed with some of our results, but plenty have given you a chance in your welcome thread to talk about things you like about Everton: first game, favourite goal, favourite player and yet you've been suspiciously quiet.

Ancelloti has us 4 points off european football with a game in hand on every team above us. Another win takes us above Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool.

But yes 'not doing a very good job'...

Mourinho hasn't won half as much as Ancelloti. And Ancelloti's 'past glories' aren't really all that 'past'.

There are no guarantees as manager, but one who has had continued success across almost every club he's managed at over a prolonged period of time is a much safer bet than? (I've no idea who you are suggesting).

I know you're new - but for someone who has bemoaned the insults you've had, calling someone a kopite is a bold move. You might want to reign that in.
Mourinho has won more than Ancelotti as a manager and what he did at Porto is practically unrivalled.

Anyway, I totally refuse to defend Carlo Ancelotti, why would I attempt to defend 1 of the best managers we have had at this club since I started supporting it.

In Carlo I trust, now and forever.
Agreed ! The best manager on paper that we've ever had. Will he attract a better stamp of player to come here? Yes, probably. Will he be a success for us in the future? Personally don't think so at this moment But at 67yrs, and watching us for 65 of them years, i,ll take the years of Catterick and Kendall as the most enjoyable.

I think he afraid if he went for a walk he might meet a female who is over 18 and he would not know what to do or say

Just exactly what the hell are you implying here?

I took @Brisan123 's post to mean...

If a woman of drinking and marital age + over the age of consent were to appear in front of you then you wouldnt know what to do, or say to her.

The connotation and implication being that he believes you are 'in your own world'.

Rather harmless really. In comparison to your regular insults and general tone to posters.

To be honest, i would just take it on the chin as im sure its just friendly banter.

I've noticed everyone seems to hurl lots of personal insults here if you don't toe the line and pretend Carlo is still the manager he was at Milan. Very strange behaviour - why can't we have our own opinions?

I think the general consensus is that the manager has been lumbered with a mish mash of players who have been brought in under several managers. Also, alot of players arent cutting the mustard.

Weve had 2 of our keepers out, Digne out, our 3 new midfielders out and dont have a servicable right back.

Despite this, we were several missed clearcut chances away from being joint 6th with a game in hand.

Take a look at Ancelottis win % compared to all past Everton managers and you should find your answer to why hes backed.

I will fella. I’m not anti Carlo - I just don’t think he’s a right fit for Everton. We need a young manager who can manage a long term project and someone who has a style of play. We’re not going to ever compete with Chelsea and Man City for players. We need to bring through youth, develop the academy and be shrewd in the market. Not sign more JRs who are always injured.

carlo has always had ready made stars in every position. It’s never going to work here for him.

Couple of things...

Weve tried young managers, but who would you have gone for rather than Ancelotti?

James is right up there in the world class bracket and was a free signing...look at the stats in the games hes played. I dont disagree that we need younger players, though we do need a mix.

We have DCL, Richarlison, Holgate and Godfrey who are all first 11 players and relatively young. Add in Pickford who is around their age in goalkeeping years and youre at half a team. 2 more young players over each of the next 2 summers and its 9 players.

Dont forget Nkounkou, Branthwaite, Kean, Gordon who are all under contract.

Ancelotti hasnt "always had ready made stars in every position" -- thats a lazy comment.

I agree - we need to give him another window. I would love to be proved wrong of course but I just don’t see how Carlo is going to get 6 players he needs. Because we need 6 players who can hit the ground running if we want to persist with Carlo’s pragmatic style of football.

Or we can start from scratch, rip it up. Bring in young, hungry players with potential and develop them and do it with attacking football. The stuff we serve up is bad - and dated.

In what positions does he need 6 players this summer?

I’ll reign it in when I stop getting accused of being a Kopite as well and also being accused of being other members who used to post here.

Ancelotti isn’t doing a very good job at Everton and he is paid a fortune to essentially get results. We don’t pay him to look back at his past with other clubs.

A few of us are entitled to be fed up.
Pipe down @tirion

We have a former world class manager now on a steep decline.
We have a Frankenstein squad of under achievers that will take more than one summer to root out.
The midfield was made up of last years failures. Why would we expect to get anything else out of them?
Ancelotti is a manager, not a magician. The rate of change is naturally slowed because of the well documented self inflicted problems any this won’t change in one summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.