2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're entitled to your opinion, but Bernard and Tosun, are seasoned players. Like it or not, they're our next best option at the minute.
We don't know they are our best option off the bench, because we haven't seen any other options been given a chance? Gordon could go on a scoring spree, Nkounkou could be our next assist king from the left, but we will never know if they don't get any minutes.

Haven't Bernie, tosun and Delph had enough chances to impress?

Its time for something different ie the youth.

I don't know about you, but I would be much more forgiving of a ropey performance from Gordon or Nkounkou than I am of the crap tosun and Bernie have been serving up.

I'm not saying you can guarantee it, i'm saying if we get 1 point or less from Saturday's game I don't think we can then 'sacrifice' the City game. If we win on saturday then we can probably justify it as a long term benefit. I was saying yesterday, I think it's really important that we avoid these slumps that we've been prone to, and if we were to effectively throw the city game after not beating the league's whipping boys then we'd basically be in one. Saturday's game is a big one after last night, we've got to bounce back otherwise it will look very much like nothing has really changed.

Nothing will change until we either get this USM naming rights in or break FFP

We need a good 3-4 players added to the squad to give us actual options.

The squad is trash.

We don't know they are our best option off the bench, because we haven't seen any other options been given a chance? Gordon could go on a scoring spree, Nkounkou could be our next assist king from the left, but we will never know if they don't get any minutes.

Haven't Bernie, tosun and Delph had enough chances to impress?

Its time for something different ie the youth.

I don't know about you, but I would be much more forgiving of a ropey performance from Gordon or Nkounkou than I am of the crap tosun and Bernie have been serving up.
I wouldn't really count Nkounkou to be honest. It's possible that changing your left back will get you back into a game, but it's not exactly likely. For me you can argue a decent point about Nkounkou not starting, but I can't really see much reason to be bringing him off the bench. Gordon over Bernard I think there's plenty of merit in, and if you're just looking for someone to come in for 5 minutes in an emergency I'd much rather it was Simms than Tosun. I understand Tosun might be a better bet for leading the line etc, but it's clear we only make that sub as a last resort when we're hoping for someone to just get on the end of something in the box. I doubt Simms (or any young striker) is particularly less likely to do that than Tosun really.

Last edited:

I'm just very disappointed, another opportunity to win a trophy thrown away. Still though we are in a good position in the league, there is still the Fa Cup. But unfortunately for all the progress that we have made, we are still prone to bottling these sort of games. But sure this has been the case, for the last 25 now heading into 26 years.

I'm just very disappointed, another opportunity to win a trophy thrown away. Still though we are in a good position in the league, there is still the Fa Cup. But unfortunately for all the progress that we have made, we are still prone to bottling these sort of games. But sure this has been the case, for the last 25 now heading into 26 years.
We played Man United. They arent great team (but still quite strong), but they have a lot of individuals capable of winning games on their own.

It's ok to be disappointed. Especially over the first 30 minutes of yesterday's match, which was miserable. But MU has come further in the transition phase than us, and has better players than us. However, I agree that we made it too easy for them, especially we gave away too much space inside and between the midfield line. This should be corrected by Ancelotti. However, we must move forward. We are in fourth place in the league, and Europe is within reach. We need to invest in more quality, and get rid of some players.

Morning after. Hindsight is a great thing but i think we may aswell have played the entire U23 team. Its not just the squad quality. Its the lack of bodies. We could be hitting a brick wall in the next few weeks with the fixtures and whats available.

The next 3 games are going to be tough - Sheff Utd, City then WHU however after that it is 8 days until our next Prem game against Wolves which gives us chance to rest up and play the kids against Rotherham in the FA Cup game.

We haven't the squad depth to fight on more than 1 front this season forget winning the cup just focus on the league and getting into Europe.

Saturday's game is much bigger than it was, thats for sure. I am always nervous against sides needing a result as desperately as they are to boot.

I always think it applies in football that you start a match as you mean to go on, we saw that last night, and we need to see it in reverse on Saturday and forget about injuries and the frequency of games, as hard as that is.

You can tell within the first 15 minutes how "up" Everton are for a game.

I want to see a reaction on Saturday. Carlo should not need to rally them, they should be hurt after last night, but if necessary I'm sure he'll judge the reaction appropriately.

I fear a defeat would see us into another slump, its very much within this squads DNA, and we have to work very very hard to avoid that.

The mentality of the squad as it is wouldn't be surprised if that United game has sucked the confidence from then. Can always rely on Everton to give a team their first win as well.

Hopefully hamez is back

Most teams will. It's why I said before last night's game, I'd rest heavily in the City game. That's the game to sacrifice for me.

I agree IF we beat Sheffield United. If we don't then we can't afford to write a game off.

I mean you can't guarantee anything. The concern I ahve is we run on empty V City and lose, and then slip up against West Ham. We've all seen that story before.

6 from the next 3 is a great return and what my focus would be on.

I'm not saying you can guarantee it, i'm saying if we get 1 point or less from Saturday's game I don't think we can then 'sacrifice' the City game. If we win on saturday then we can probably justify it as a long term benefit. I was saying yesterday, I think it's really important that we avoid these slumps that we've been prone to, and if we were to effectively throw the city game after not beating the league's whipping boys then we'd basically be in one. Saturday's game is a big one after last night, we've got to bounce back otherwise it will look very much like nothing has really changed.

If we get the 3 pts against Sheff United then i would be happy if we went with

Olsen

Coleman Mina Branthwaite Nkounkou

Davies
Sigurdsson Bernard

Iwobi Tosun Gordon

Counter attack down the left and see what happens...

We were up against it. Our team was missing a stack of our best players and the game didn't go our way with decisions etc.

It wasn't a good performance either but we almost got a result.

One more season of improving the squad under Carlo and we'll be a real threat.

Even now we're 4th! We're on the up and we have one of the best managers of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.