2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hasn't quite sunk in how bad that was last night. They aren't that good at all. A few individually decent players but worse teams have made them look like a bottom half side. Richarlison needs a good wake up call. Sick of the sulking and whining.

They are a good team. 19 points out of 21 available and just hided Leeds 6.2.

I'm a little concerned that our plan B is often to blindly throw on Cenk Tosun, usually at the expense of one of the more creative players (by Everton standards).

Besides Tosun being absolutely rubbish, his only attribute is his finishing (yet to see an example of this though), but without service what is he really going to contribute to the game? We ought to be bringing on Gordon, Nkounkou and anybody capable of running or crossing for DCL.

It smacks of desperation and not something I'd expect from a manager with over 400 trophies to his name.

He has to get the tactics right against Sheff Utd - team that relies on set pieces and balls into the box.

Get height at the back - Olsen, Keane, Mina, Braithwaite.

Will need to break them down so if James/Richarlison are both out for God sake give Gordon a go out wide.

Because they didn't have the benefit of hindsight. Gomes was an inexpensive gamble and initially looked excellent business. His injury has certainly taken a toll. Many people were excited by the acquisition of Sigurdsson but he has failed to deliver what was expected of him. If he had influenced games (or at least results) for us like he did at Swansea no-one would be complaining. Tosun was brought in as a prolific slotted, and Delph as a title-winning England player. It's easy to point fingers at our recruitment but no-one goes out to sign dross - players may fail to perform, be overhyped, not fit in with players around them, have injuries, they may have flattered deceive previously etc. I they thinking James Beattie was gonna be our Shearer. Anyone can get it wrong
Pretty much all of that is rubbish. You absolutely do not need hindsight to know that £45m for sigurdsson and £25m for Gomes were at best a risk and at worst just outright awful decisions.

Football fans want success. We haven’t won a trophy for 25 years, people had started to believe we could win one and now we’re out, people are bound to be annoyed. People seem to bristle at any criticism of Ancelotti, it’s a bit weird. He’s great, he’s doing a good job in the main, but he’s not infallible. Nobody really wants him sacked or thinks we should win the league or whatever but when you come away from a home game against a supposed rival thinking you were lucky not to lose 5-0 you’re going to fire a bit of flak the managers way. It’s really not the big deal some people would like it to be.

i think a lot of posters firing flak now are the same ones that would jump to the sack shouts very quickly . Not all but a lot

so I think some of the backlash is warranted and people are not reacting to the idea that somebody might criticise the manager, but more based on the assumption that some of the posters are like that

talking generally like, not just the backlash to the game yesterday

replied in this thread so as not the be off topic

Merry Christmas Carlo. I have forgiven you for refusing to apologise. Upwards and onwards. We shall start to see success by 2022/2023, by which time all the garbage players will have been binned off. Sometime it is easy to forget this is a long term recovery project.

If you cant see that Bukayo Saka is quality then i find that to be a little bit odd.

Hes been very good in every position played...

LB / LM / CM / RM

Imagine having a player like that who delivers 7-8 out of 10 performances every game.

Hes the type of signing i wish we would break out transfer record for.

Ancelotti would love a player like that.
The only place that Saka does this is in Arsenal fans and apparently your imagination.

He's a great prospect but he's playing all over because he's not actually above average in any one position.

Announcement, every time we get beat it's not always the managers fault, sometimes we can have worse players fellas? we have no god given right to win all our games..

Last night we got beat by a better team with better players and that's the end of the story.

I do not think any rational person would contend we are better than Man U. They have thrashed us twice this season and are miles better than us in every department and also have an up and coming dynamic manager. I do not think Barney knew what he was taking on when he accepted the job as Everton manager. Our club is a basket case. It has been a basket case for over 30 years...and it will always be a basket case

Status
Not open for further replies.