2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next 3 games are going to be tough - Sheff Utd, City then WHU however after that it is 8 days until our next Prem game against Wolves which gives us chance to rest up and play the kids against Rotherham in the FA Cup game.

We haven't the squad depth to fight on more than 1 front this season forget winning the cup just focus on the league and getting into Europe.

People can go on as much as they want. Last night was the haves and have nots. Solskjaer is spoilt for choice on a different level.
Cup football used to be the same teams faced each other in cup games aswell as league games. 3 or 4 clubs can now field an entirely different strong team in the cup. Fresh expensive legs. Makes a difference.
We've a long way to go.

....I think he could’ve taken risks with his substitutions last night. 0-0 with 20mins to go was unbelievable given how poor we’d been. Gordon instead of Bernard was a more progressive change given his ability and pace in the top third, whilst still conscientious to track back.

Despite the plaudits for Sigurdsson, nothing was happening & for 20mins I’d have chanced Iwobi in a central position given his running power.

People can go on as much as they want. Last night was the haves and have nots. Solskjaer is spoilt for choice on a different level.
Cup football used to be the same teams faced each other in cup games aswell as league games. 3 or 4 clubs can now field an entirely different strong team in the cup. Fresh expensive legs. Makes a difference.
We've a long way to go.

Problem is the money we have spent over the years so should we!

Why we've spent so much on injury prone dossers and snails like Delph, Tosun, Gomes and Siggurdsson I'll never know.

....I think he could’ve taken risks with his substitutions last night. 0-0 with 20mins to go was unbelievable given how poor we’d been. Gordon instead of Bernard was a more progressive change given his ability and pace in the top third, whilst still conscientious to track back.

Despite the plaudits for Sigurdsson, nothing was happening & for 20mins I’d have chanced Iwobi in a central position given his running power.
Here here.

Whilst Siggurdsson played well, we still lost 0-2. I don't remember us creating that much in the final 3rd, and I don't remember thinking 'cor, our set pieces are brilliant today'

That, for me, is the level of his quality.

Bernard... what did he actually do except give the ball away because he wasn't getting any fouls when he was dispossessed and fell over.

I'd also not let Tosun near the team again, he stunk the place out.

Why we've spent so much on injury prone dossers and snails like Delph, Tosun, Gomes and Siggurdsson I'll never know.
Because they didn't have the benefit of hindsight. Gomes was an inexpensive gamble and initially looked excellent business. His injury has certainly taken a toll. Many people were excited by the acquisition of Sigurdsson but he has failed to deliver what was expected of him. If he had influenced games (or at least results) for us like he did at Swansea no-one would be complaining. Tosun was brought in as a prolific slotted, and Delph as a title-winning England player. It's easy to point fingers at our recruitment but no-one goes out to sign dross - players may fail to perform, be overhyped, not fit in with players around them, have injuries, they may have flattered deceive previously etc. I they thinking James Beattie was gonna be our Shearer. Anyone can get it wrong

Holgate has to come back in somwhere simply because he is one of the few who is mentally strong enough. For all the shouts about quality last night, we lack players with a strong spine, especially with Allan out and Richarlison down.
Too many meek players who shrink in the face of hostility.

Still hasn't quite sunk in how bad that was last night. They aren't that good at all. A few individually decent players but worse teams have made them look like a bottom half side. Richarlison needs a good wake up call. Sick of the sulking and whining.

Holgate has to come back in somwhere simply because he is one of the few who is mentally strong enough. For all the shouts about quality last night, we lack players with a strong spine, especially with Allan out and Richarlison down.
Too many meek players who shrink in the face of hostility.

Spot on

Its Xmas. Lets not spoil it by remembering how much we paid for the likes of sigurdsson.
Merry xmas mr koeman.

After seeing his passing during the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.