2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The result last night really exposed the lack of squad quality, the first 11 when fit is as good as anyone’s in this league but injuries and fatigue meant that using the squad results in a large drop in quality.

Carlo really can’t polish a turd so he will need successive transfer windows to fix this and it won’t happen overnight.

still won’t stop some biffs in here wanting him sacked though

I agree, but In the short term, Ancelotti still must work with the players available and produce an organised team able to battle on the big occasion.

Quality is not a factor for that. The best managers create systems and environments to get more from OK players.

Nobody should want him sacked but games like this are so important for the club and to see players standing off Man United for most of the game, was very disappointing.

Hopefully it is just a bit of tiredness creeping in, but there is not long to wait and the Sheffield United game is important to bounce back.

Last edited:
Rodney, the plumber from Maghull, supports Everton.

Rodney gets frustrated now and again and vents on various forums.

But Rodney knows that Ancelotti has forgotten more about futbol than he will ever know, so he tries to understand and respect his decisions.

We should all, maybe, be like Rodney.

What a plonker! :p

Reminded me of a classic Moyes set up last night- textbook KITAP1.

Almost held on for pens but like so many Moyes performances, you’re left wondering what might have been and a feeling like we didn’t do ourselves justice.

CA is an Italian manager who values defending as much as attacking.
We have a team but at the moment we don't really have a squad and some players are running on fumes atm .

Tosun,Bernard and Gomes are contributing nothing and with JR, Digne,Allan and Delph injured the manager realised we could not stand to to toe with Utd and have any chance of beating them .

Somebody wrote that he could not say in public what his real opinion was. Really?
The manager's big mistake was he did not apologise publicly for an abject performance and he and his team would do their utmost to get back to league form. Witnessing that garbage last night and then hearing the manager say what he said was insulting to Evertonians. His English is well good enough to say "We were awful. Sorry.".

Quarter Final.

At Goodison.

Against Man United.

"Should have used the youth players"

Get in the bin.

Is anyone saying he should have started with the youth lads?! I'm certainly not saying they should be starting by any stretch?

All I'm seeing is a bit of frustration with Carlo continually using shoite like tosun and Bernie off the bench to try and affect and change the game, who we know have continually done jack, while the likes of Gordon and Nkounkou are kicking their heels?

I think that's fair and justified, and better than just burying our heads and saying " it's ok, Carlo knows what he's doing, hes forgotten more about footy than I'll ever know blah blah" like some lobotomised goon.

Is anyone saying he should have started with the youth lads?! I'm certainly not saying they should be starting by any stretch?

All I'm seeing is a bit of frustration with Carlo continually using shoite like tosun and Bernie off the bench to try and affect and change the game, who we know have continually done jack, while the likes of Gordon and Nkounkou are kicking their heels?

I think that's fair and justified, and better than just burying our heads and saying " it's ok, Carlo knows what he's doing, hes forgotten more about footy than I'll ever know blah blah" like some lobotomised goon.

You're entitled to your opinion, but Bernard and Tosun, are seasoned players. Like it or not, they're our next best option at the minute.

Undoubtedly but it’s not always down to the manager. Keane mishit his first three passes of the ball and gave each of them straight to the opposition. What part of that is Carlo’s fault? There’s some players there that aren’t good enough talent wise and mentally aren’t suited to high pressure games. Ancelotti doesn’t have much choice at the moment but to play them and try and do the best he can. They’ve seen three managers fired though for a reason, some are extremely poor.

I didn't say it was Carlo's fault!

I agree, but In the short term, Ancelotti still must work with the players available and produce an organised team able to battle on the big occasion.

Quality is not a factor for that. The best managers create systems and environments to get more from OK players.

Nobody should want him sacked but games like this are so important for the club and to see players standing off Man United for most of the game, was very disappointing.

Hopefully it is just a bit of tiredness creeping in, but there is not long to wait and the Sheffield United game is important to bounce back.
Well, I do think we played ok until richarlison went off. And ideally, if there had been VAR we'd have at least 1 man advantage before their goal happened. When Bernard came on it's like no one came on. 11v10.

It wasn't a dazzling display or anything, don't get me wrong, but I'm confident the game would end up on a draw and then whatever happens in a shootout.

Think Carlo's doing a fine job of creating a solid team with what he has at his disposal. Last 3 games before this we really didn't give any chances for the opposition. I hate to mention injuries, but with our key players just getting injured out of the games one by one it's hard to expect any consistency. Look at utd, the bench they have is something I'd kill for. Look at Liverpool, nonstop whining about injuries yet they can field almost 3 equally strong teams any given day. Then look at us, we can't field a decent first 11 most of the last 2 months. Still came away with some big wins. We'll be streaky this season. Hopefully we can extend this streak by at least a win over Sheffield, get a draw vs Pep and when the inevitable losses come we'll have some point buffer to not fall down the ladder hard.

Sad thing is, the money is there. It's just been squandered throughout the years. And now that you finally have the manager to set things right you basically don't have much money left at your disposal due to financial fair play and club being overburdened by wages of players that simply don't contribute.

I agree IF we beat Sheffield United. If we don't then we can't afford to write a game off.

I mean you can't guarantee anything. The concern I ahve is we run on empty V City and lose, and then slip up against West Ham. We've all seen that story before.

6 from the next 3 is a great return and what my focus would be on.

We won 3 league games on the bounce with a very limited squad, beating 2 “title contenders” in the process. I’d say Carlo is doing okay in terms of getting performances out of average players.

Disappointing last night but it was 0-0 for 88 mins. Not as if we were 5-0 down at half time. Hopefully we have James back for Sheff Utd and can pick up 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.