2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saka being a top 3 Arsenal player is like Pickford being a top 3 Everton keeper. Really pretty meaningless. The kid has potential but the actual product at this point is not matching the hype.

The switching players positions wasn't really important in what I was saying. More just saying OGS did things to solve what Ancelotti did and we didn't have a response.

Letting the steam die down I'm definitely being too harsh but I still feel like when you're second best and never switch the system in a meaningful way it isn't good, missing important players or not. But it was a hard job.

If you cant see that Bukayo Saka is quality then i find that to be a little bit odd.

Hes been very good in every position played...

LB / LM / CM / RM

Imagine having a player like that who delivers 7-8 out of 10 performances every game.

Hes the type of signing i wish we would break out transfer record for.

Ancelotti would love a player like that.

it’s not even the worst performance at Goodison this season. This sort of hyperbole is getting over the top. It wasn’t that bad
Exactly. We started poorly and finished the first half well.

Second half both teams were awful. The difference was they brought on rashford and martial. We brought on Davies, Tosun and barnard.

TBH what we saw were players in desperate need of a rest. I think the last 3 games has taken it out of them given how hard they’ve had to work. They looked really leggy and that’s why they were so sloppy.

But he couldn’t play the kids in that game against United (who were able to make NINE changes without a drop in quality).

I expect we’ll see the likes of Gordon starting on boxing day. It wouldn’t surprise me if he rested DCL and played Tosun (or even Richarlison up top given he only had 60 mins assuming he’s not concussed).

We need James back too to relieve some of the pressure. No idea when he’ll be fit though. I’m guessing city.

It’s going to be a very tough period for Carlo with all the games we have coming up, the strength of our best team is probably top 6 standard, however, the squad strength overall is mid table at best. Looking at Utd’s bench last night was frightening. I really don’t think Carlo should be expected to pull up any trees with this lot just yet.

Having said that, although I think Carlo is the best thing to happen to us in years, some of his decisions are baffling, why Bernard over Gordon? Why does Tosun ever get on the pitch, I don’t care how untried Simms is at least he can run and therefore must be a better option than Tosun. I am not saying I know better than Carlo, just that at certain times his decisions are beyond my understanding.

We all know he needs at least another 4-5 windows to sort the dogs dinner of a squad out, and you cannot knock the improvements we have made since this man walked into our club.

He really does need to start using the youth off the bench, instead of the proven garbage, overpaid wasters like tosun, Bernie, Delph who have had numerous chances and shat all over them.

Where's the harm in giving flash, Nkounkou or even simms some minutes when we need legs on!?

I simply don't believe that we would be any worse off if thes young lads were coming on - I've seen what the usual suspects give us, and it hurts my eyes - let's try something else Carlo - I'm sure you & the young lads would get much more slack from us if things didn't work, than keeping on persisting with the frauds!

Morning after. Hindsight is a great thing but i think we may aswell have played the entire U23 team. Its not just the squad quality. Its the lack of bodies. We could be hitting a brick wall in the next few weeks with the fixtures and whats available.

It’s going to be a very tough period for Carlo with all the games we have coming up, the strength of our best team is probably top 6 standard, however, the squad strength overall is mid table at best. Looking at Utd’s bench last night was frightening. I really don’t think Carlo should be expected to pull up any trees with this lot just yet.

Having said that, although I think Carlo is the best thing to happen to us in years, some of his decisions are baffling, why Bernard over Gordon? Why does Tosun ever get on the pitch, I don’t care how untried Simms is at least he can run and therefore must be a better option than Tosun. I am not saying I know better than Carlo, just that at certain times his decisions are beyond my understanding.
Mine Too; he has brought Tosun on five or six times on average for about ten minutes each. So sixty minutes and in that time he has touched the ball maybe three or four times, not had one shot at goal, not had one cross of any quality and given away the ball last night from which United scored their second goal.

So why not Simms or Gordon because Tosun offers less than nothing.

The depth of the squad was exposed last night.

It was also a very hard game for subs to come on in. It became a real war of attrition in that second half, and the subs from either side struggled to slot in. Even Martial and Rashford had moments that made them look shockingly bad.

It's a tough result to take, and I'm refusing to acknowledge the second goal, because it doesn't happen if the first one is not scored.

We pretty much put out the best team we could last night, which is about all you can do in a quarter final. We just weren't good enough

Morning after. Hindsight is a great thing but i think we may aswell have played the entire U23 team. Its not just the squad quality. Its the lack of bodies. We could be hitting a brick wall in the next few weeks with the fixtures and whats available.

But then we'd have got smashed, and hindsight would be saying 'why the effin ell did we do that?' :p ;)

Most teams will. It's why I said before last night's game, I'd rest heavily in the City game. That's the game to sacrifice for me.

The disappointment is that United have been conceding two's and three's all season, plus getting hammered 6-1 at home by Spurs.

Sheff Utd, Leeds, Southampton and Palace scored 2 or 3 against United. They are weak at the back and concede goals. They had a makeshift back four, but we barely laid a glove on them.

The result last night really exposed the lack of squad quality, the first 11 when fit is as good as anyone’s in this league but injuries and fatigue meant that using the squad results in a large drop in quality.

Carlo really can’t polish a turd so he will need successive transfer windows to fix this and it won’t happen overnight.

still won’t stop some biffs in here wanting him sacked though

Rodney, the plumber from Maghull, supports Everton.

Rodney gets frustrated now and again and vents on various forums.

But Rodney knows that Ancelotti has forgotten more about futbol than he will ever know, so he tries to understand and respect his decisions.

We should all, maybe, be like Rodney.

Status
Not open for further replies.