2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of things I’ve thought about with Carlo over the weekend.

Firstly Richarlison, I’m not making him out to be some lost boy in need of a father figure but it’s well documented how he saw Silva and his relationship with him in coming to us. I wonder if Carlo will become something similar to him given how a lot of his former players talk about him. Might make him easier to keep hold of if Barca come knocking again.

The other thing I’ve been thinking about is how did things end with him and Madrid? Maybe his relationship with the club helped facilitate the James transfer and their willingness to bend over backwards to ensure we got him.

Here's the thing... the red [Poor language removed] spent a lot but we also spent a lot.

Had Carlo been with us for a longer period of time and I think the load of money we've spent would've been put to better use.

Top manager, no matter how things will go in the future. He was also a top player for AC Milan and Italy. It happens that he's also a gentleman and he knows a lot about football. Also, his reputation will help to lure bigger profile players.

Just let the man work his ways.

United, Chelsea, Spurs all vulnerable. I’m not convinced by Arsenal, either.

Finishing above one or more of those is possible, if still a difficult ask.
Patience is the key. It might be next season before we are up there but I have faith in Carlo identifying the players to improve us even further.

A lot depends on Carlos first 11 staying fit. But with some luck on that front we might just have a decent season under his guidance. Maybe he'll get a tune out if some of those that have underwhelmed recently too.
Agree. Our first 11 will compete with most sides. James will be key for big games. He has the ability to unlock a defence in a tight game.

Pound for pound, no doubt. But United’s resources are vast (if often unspent) and their lure remains massive.

I’ll reassess once the transfer window is closed, but if their poor start continues, you’d think that makes some major signings more likely.
Including signing a new manager!

I think the age old problem of our defence will be our undoing.
Both Spurs and WBA took us apart easily, luckily their shooting was abysmal, but City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc are not going to miss those sort of chances.
If he can get us sharper at the back, the sky(4?)'s the limit imo.

Both Spurs and WBA took us apart easily, luckily their shooting was abysmal, but City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc are not going to miss those sort of chances.
Ancelotti seemed to be able to tighten up the back line when he came in last season.
I think against the likes of Liverpool he'll be able to marshal a more defensive approach without necessarily changing the formation.
Get in one more CB and Holgate back and I think we should be ok.
On the size and pull of United, I think it's crazy how much their pull has wained over the last couple of seasons.
I genuinely believe if you ask a lot of top players, it would be a tough choice between playing for Ancelotti's Everton and OGS's United, and that's nuts!

They did. The result on Saturday was great, but we were second best for a large part of the first half. That’s against a newly promoted team.
Pickford is not up to scratch for a team pushing for top four. He will cost us points.

Carlo had a dream
To buy a football team
We've got loadsa money so we'll bring all the blues home

Allan at the back
Hamez in attack
The school of science, is on its way back

Status
Not open for further replies.