2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think he was as worried about the defence (and specifically Mina) as the rest of us. Something we need to sort asap.

Don’t need a presser to get his take on it. His reaction straight after the goal, showed he was pissed. Rightly so.

Great win that was.I honestly think we'll give finishing in the top six a right good go, if we can get a consistent run of form going. Of course we can't expect to put five past every team. There will be a dip in form at some point. But to back up the Spurs win, by smashing a team that we should be beating on paper was very impressive. The usual Everton way of doing things, would have been to lose or draw that game. But this is Ancelottis Everton. All aboard the Ancelotti train. In Carlo we trust.

Against the top teams, I would like to see James play centrally.

The top teams will press him. We know he is not fast and not Richy like with the ball on his feet dribbling

He will need some quality close to him to play 1-2 with and buy him the space he needs to make one of those beautiful passes or to shoot.

I don't think you can't press this man too much with Richy next to him and Gomes behind him

I think they are all similar levels tbh.
Id put
Holgate
Keane
Mina
In that order.
None really fill me with confidence. Said it before. I think we have moved up a level from midfield onwards. The defence is still that mid table level. Saw today on the first west brom goal. Ok the midfield left them exposed for a bit but that shouldnt guarentee a goal. They are still defenders who should be able to do better than they did on that goal. The midfield will help them a lot now. But they cant rely on that protection all the time. First goal showed those flaws are still very much there.

I think next summer Branthwaite will take the place of one of Mina / Keane.

Then we have a balance of right footed and left footed massive centre backs either side in the squad.

Holgate stays and we bring in a top notch player with pace.

We would have some tasty options then and Gibson will also be back from his loan

Status
Not open for further replies.