2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good analysis.

Gomes’ work has gone under radar in this system but proves his been integral in the way we’ve played.
He makes mistakes yeah, but he offers something in midfield no one else can. Still looking forward to his occasional 1 in 10 game where he absolutely runs the show. Like Sheffield at the end of last season. Joy to watch.

He makes mistakes yeah, but he offers something in midfield no one else can. Still looking forward to his occasional 1 in 10 game where he absolutely runs the show. Like Sheffield at the end of last season. Joy to watch.

For me I just don’t think Gomes likes to be that dominant midfielder who we all expect the work to come from. I feel like he’s more than happy to just keep things moving around in the middle and tidying up when needs be as opposed to bombing it from box to box as was expected of him last season in a 2 man midfield where multiple times he was completely exposed.

As that analysis showed I think what we were expecting off Gomes is what we will get from Doucoure. Gomes will sit deeper and keep things ticking over to keep the link between defence and our other midfielders as well as covering for Digne.

I love how Carlo is known as this great man manager who the players love but he constantly is fuming on the sidelines and looks like he wants to murder them.

He has that aura of someone you'd hate to disappoint. Reminds me of a boss I used to have, had my best years in recruitment under him but he was the quietest, most hands-off individual you could imagine. I didn't want to fail him and couldn't even tell you now why that was

The thing is our midfield is now meant to be a cohesive unit that is greater than the sum of it’s parts with the ability to contribute to so many different aspects of play that we don’t really need any one player in there to dominate the game anymore. The days of a midfield 2 are long gone!

For me I just don’t think Gomes likes to be that dominant midfielder who we all expect the work to come from. I feel like he’s more than happy to just keep things moving around in the middle and tidying up when needs be as opposed to bombing it from box to box as was expected of him last season in a 2 man midfield where multiple times he was completely exposed.

As that analysis showed I think what we were expecting off Gomes is what we will get from Doucoure. Gomes will sit deeper and keep things ticking over to keep the link between defence and our other midfielders as well as covering for Digne.

Gomes is basically playing the Kroos role (in Madrid under Carlo) for us. He maintains control of possession and connects the back to the attack and the flanks

He has that aura of someone you'd hate to disappoint. Reminds me of a boss I used to have, had my best years in recruitment under him but he was the quietest, most hands-off individual you could imagine. I didn't want to fail him and couldn't even tell you now why that was
My current boss is like that, leads by example, will back you always but doesn't interact much with me personally, leaves me to run my little department, but is there when needed.
Has a look if I get something wrong that's far worse than a bollocking and it's exactly because of what you said there... just don't want to let him down.
Carlo has that in spades from everyone involved in football.
I would love to have that much respect as a manager, but my guys run riot lol, I command as much respect as Oumar Niasse at the ballon d'or awards.

Would he bend you over his desk and spank you with a ruler? reminds me of my boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.