2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets not kid ourselfs theres a massive difference in roster quality compared to last year

I hope that our 3 superstars keep improving the existing ones too...if Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Bernard and Kean improve it'll be amazing, and if Nkounkou keeps pushing Digne who gets even better, Gomes improves...wow. We are lucky.

Martinez and Silva no sense at all. They relegated small pl clubs at the time and had no records to do well.
Koeman got 6th and 7th at Soton I could see why then he failed.
Carlo we get it right at least. A world class manager with records.

But in hindsight - Silva, Martinez made sense if we were following an idea of promoting a young manager with potential and growing with him. Koeman, Allardyce and now Ancelotti show that we actually didn't have a strategy...

Now, we can build and build and later go for a proper young talent - like one of the German managers doing so well, or someone else with a proper profile - not Aldi versions. If Ancelotti builds us up and leaves us much better off, and then we replace Richarlison, Rodriguez and Ancelotti properly in 2-3 years, we will have done really really well.

Just noticed that it was 2012when Man City won the league, so their renaissance is now around 10 years old. We'renot working with that much money but it will beamazing if we can build something that lasts now.

But in hindsight - Silva, Martinez made sense if we were following an idea of promoting a young manager with potential and growing with him. Koeman, Allardyce and now Ancelotti show that we actually didn't have a strategy...

Now, we can build and build and later go for a proper young talent - like one of the German managers doing so well, or someone else with a proper profile - not Aldi versions. If Ancelotti builds us up and leaves us much better off, and then we replace Richarlison, Rodriguez and Ancelotti properly in 2-3 years, we will have done really really well.

Just noticed that it was 2012when Man City won the league, so their renaissance is now around 10 years old. We'renot working with that much money but it will beamazing if we can build something that lasts now.

Not for me. Never convinced by them before they joined.

I don’t get this young manager thing it’s nonsense, a myth. We win because our current manager is class and has records to back him up.

Employing Silva and Martinez was not a strategy. We were going down with them in charge.

Last edited:

and this is very realistic.

Allan, Doucoure have made such a massive difference, and they haven't even had much time for a partnership yet. Amazing. Hope things just get better.

We have had so many years of looking forward or back at the fixture list and seeing 'what if'...and now up till the end of October we have a good chance of winning everything - apart from the Reds, which could go either way. THe best news too, if we get going quickly is that Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man U & spurs are all vulnerable - not solid at the back. Really exciting time, and I'm trusting we don't mess it up this time.
On Saturday I’d rather play some of those sides right now than Brighton. Hard luck losers to Utd they were the better team on the pitch by some distance. Like Pslace they’ve upped their game, looks like. Will give us an honest effort over 90.

I have it on very good authority that someone left a certain unnamed tattoo studio today with Carlo's eyebrows tattooed on their person!!

Trying to get permission to post a photo of said photo for you all.

CEDD20F1-0392-4BC1-9646-B4A82B826E63.jpeg

There you go, the famous Carlo raised eyebrow

Not for me. Never convinced by them before they joined.

I don’t get this young manager thing it’s nonsense, a myth. We win because our current manager is class and has records to back him up.

Employing Silva and Martinez was not a strategy. We were going down with them in charge.
We are too big a club to be a training ground for young managers... apart from anything else it is usually too big a job for somebody without a deal of managerial experience.

Hopefully Moshiri has learned that by appointing a quality manager it makes you money rather than costs you money.

I look now at Keane, DCL, Minna, Richarlison, Gomes in particular who in the space of just a few weeks have all increased their transfer values because of the team winning matches.

Iwobi and Bernard as well have done well in the cup and their stock has risen as well.

Our squad is now worth a lot more than it was at the end of last season because of a few wins and the feelgood factor brought about by a quality manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.