2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a huge week for the club to see if we have the mentality to truly challenge.

Beat West Ham to progress to the quarterfinals and beat Brighton to stay 100% in the league going into the international break would be amazing.

If we are truly a top club we’ll be inventing specific week long niggles for Allan James and Richarlison so they can’t go on international duty. What are the bets Salah and Thiago somehow fail to show for their countries.

Some people believe Silva was good. Never should have got the job.

I wanted Silva to do well, I really did. But the difference here is that we kept hearing about this mythical 4 3 3 he was going to play and we never saw it, not even against Lincoln in the cup. Carlo has absolute conviction in his plan and it's up to the players to get on his level, not vice versa.

If we are truly a top club we’ll be inventing specific week long niggles for Allan James and Richarlison so they can’t go on international duty. What are the bets Salah and Thiago somehow fail to show for their countries.

And Mina too, given we only have 2 fit defenders.

I would never stand in the way of a player wanting to play for their country however. How can you tell a 23 year old he can't play up front for Brazil?

I wanted Silva to do well, I really did. But the difference here is that we kept hearing about this mythical 4 3 3 he was going to play and we never saw it, not even against Lincoln in the cup. Carlo has absolute conviction in his plan and it's up to the players to get on his level, not vice versa.

When the team was behind he pushed everyone forward and got the attackers on. And he can’t set the defence up properly.

Some people believe Silva was good. Never should have got the job.

I've always said since Martinez went we got Aldi versions of top managers.

Koeman - Aldi Mourinho
Silva - Aldi Pochettino

They were calculated gambles on them possibly working out. They didn't

The only option next was to actually go for caliber and we did

I've always said since Martinez went we got Aldi versions of top managers.

Koeman - Aldi Mourinho
Silva - Aldi Pochettino

They were calculated gambles on them possibly working out. They didn't

The only option next was to actually go for caliber and we did

Martinez and Silva no sense at all. They relegated small pl clubs at the time and had no records to do well.
Koeman got 6th and 7th at Soton I could see why then he failed.
Carlo we get it right at least. A world class manager with records.

Martinez and Silva no sense at all. They relegated small pl clubs at the time and had no records to do well.
Koeman got 6th and 7th at Soton I could see why then he failed.
Carlo we get it right at least. A world class manager with records.

Martinez at least had a trophy and his hands were tied financially to give him a try. Doesn't excuse his kamikaze approach, but his appointment was welcomed IMO. And as per usual, his first season should've given us Champos League football as were the only team to amass 72 points and not get it since 4 teams were allocated. He also didn't leave us in a crippling position and was more of a chance to improve on what we had - especially when he brought/developed £100mill worth of talent.

That was also under Kenwright.

Koeman was a pure evil. Brought in to discipline a team and was given a pot of gold.

Silva was flavour of the month that pundits and coaches believed saw that he had something. He didn't.

Martinez at least had a trophy and his hands were tied financially to give him a try. Doesn't excuse his kamikaze approach, but his appointment was welcomed IMO. And as per usual, his first season should've given us Champos League football as were the only team to amass 72 points and not get it since 4 teams were allocated. He also didn't leave us in a crippling position and was more of a chance to improve on what we had - especially when he brought/developed £100mill worth of talent.

That was also under Kenwright.

Koeman was a pure evil. Brought in to discipline a team and was given a pot of gold.

Silva was flavour of the month that pundits and coaches believed saw that he had something. He didn't.

Rm the profit of Rom was offset by the amount of crap he bought. Still, he bought Lukaku.

Koeman and Walsh they left the club in chaos with the amount of bad buys. Gana (good dm of course) was the best out of how many...50?

Silva on the other hand...the signings overall are look alright. He bought us Richy.

Carlo bought us James, Allan, Doucouré. Unreal!

Great, another thread ruined by crap Martinez and Silva chat on repeat.

Ancelotti please for the love of God and we can talk about WINNING.

This is such a huge week for the club to see if we have the mentality to truly challenge.

Beat West Ham to progress to the quarterfinals and beat Brighton to stay 100% in the league going into the international break would be amazing.

and this is very realistic.

Allan, Doucoure have made such a massive difference, and they haven't even had much time for a partnership yet. Amazing. Hope things just get better.

We have had so many years of looking forward or back at the fixture list and seeing 'what if'...and now up till the end of October we have a good chance of winning everything - apart from the Reds, which could go either way. THe best news too, if we get going quickly is that Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man U & spurs are all vulnerable - not solid at the back. Really exciting time, and I'm trusting we don't mess it up this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.