2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH CHELSEA P/C

James joins injured list​

He confirms Coleman isn't available but started training this week.
He should be back for Leicester,
Delph and James Rodriguez are out

Rodriguez didn't train this week​

Ancelotti says James suffered a problem against Burnley, hasn't trained this week, and they don't want to risk him for this fixture.

No complaints over injuries​

I'm not used to complaining about the players not available.
We understand it will be an important moment and test.
We arrive at the game with confidence and motivation

On defensive numbers/Back four​

We have the option to play with three at the back, we can play four.
It depends on what strategy we want to play in the game.

Ancelotti on return of supporters to Goodison​

It will be nice for everyone. It's a good start to reopen the stadium, it will be really good and really nice.
I'm sure they are going to support us for the game tomorrow

Ancelotti's tribute to team-mate Rossi​

I have fantastic memories of him. He was a funny guy and I’m really sad.

Ancelotti on Incident​

It was a strong, strong decision that the players made.
UEFA has to investigate what really happened and work on this

Ancelotti on Lampard​

I think he's doing really well. He did really well last season at Chelsea, he's doing well now.
He has a fantastic squad, a fantastic team

Ancelotti on Chelsea​

Chelsea are in a really good moment. It is necessary for us for a fantastic and top, top performance. The question is are we able to do this
The answer in my personal opinion is yes, we are able to compete

Ancelotti on Previous Chelsea Games​

I have a good memory of both games, I saw one game on television and they did a fantastic job and we were really bad at Stamford Bridge.
We need the kind of motivation Duncan put on the players. This will be a good base to have a good performance.

A good sensation' from fan return​

Players, staff, coaches are really pleased to have supporters at the stadium.
I think there will be a lot of noise, but it will be a good sensation for everyone.

Blues still fighting for Europe​

I think the last three games against Fulham, Leeds and Burnley - the team showed some good qualities.
We are where we want to be, fighting for the position in Europe. There is a lot of competition but Everton is there.

Carlo on Clean Sheets​

We are not happy, only the first game we had a clean sheet. We tried to solve this using different shape,
but as I said we have to improve the attitude and concentration defensively. Honestly I have to say the players are all focused there.

Ancelotti on How Calvert-Lewin has developed​

It's quite clear, he has more consistency in the box compared to last season.
I'm hoping that Richarlison starts to score goals like Dominic.

Ancelotti on Iwobi Versatile​

I think when Iwobi is fit, he can play everywhere. In this moment I have a lot of confidence, because his physical condition is really good.

Ancelotti on Night he left Chelsea​

Long time ago but a great memory! It [leaving drinks] was a fantastic gift from Chelsea players, I still have for every one of them a really good memory

James absence will mean a change in style​

James is a fantastic player for us, he did really well at the beginning and had some problems after the game against Liverpool. But we have to be,
and we will be, able to adapt. We have a good squad, we are going to play a little bit different

Will wait and see if James can face Leicester​

He was not able to train, nothing special but he was not able to train. We have to look at him after the game, to see if he will be able to train and play against Leicester

We signed James to attack​

What can I say? I say that we have signed James not to defend! We have signed James to help the team have better quality in front. Defensively,
I haven't asked him a lot of work because you are going to lose him in front."

Target Lenglet... he goes to Barca so we go for a totally different player in Mina.

Target Gabriel...dither so he joins Barca and go for Godfrey...totally different

Target Zaha...rejected bid so we get Iwobi...different.

Target Doucoure...rejected bid so we get Delph...different.

Its like we want a player for a position and arent looking at them properly...
Just as well we never got Lenglet.

Truly horrific defender.

This will take 4 years, I can see a step back before a step forward. Just hope they have patience.
Shame that the European Super League will already be in operation by then and we'd be left on the outside of it. In practice Carlo's got two seasons to put us back up there as a top club.

Why would you want us to be involved in the European Super League?
I hate the whole idea but it will happen and it will lead to the PL being treated as a minor tournament, with those in the new competition playing more second stringers to fulfil their PL fixtures. If you think we can't compete now then imagine how it will be then. The European League/Cup will be built around securing the places for those clubs with a history of success in the modern era; these clubs will sweep up all the best talent; the TV companies will be focused even more on them; the fees paid by the TV companies for coverage of the PL will plummet.
Longer term the top clubs will force rule changes. And, of course, the game will become even more corrupt.

When Moshiri bought the club he stated that there was only a small window of opportunity for Everton to get back amongst the big boys. He'd have obviously had these developments in mind. Shame we've wasted the 3 years since.

The club has some big decisions to make in January. With James out now on top of Digne, you have to wonder if what's left has it in them to do anything other than feel sorry for themselves. That's an indictment of our squad and of our recruitment. Yet, it also means we surely have to do more recruitment in January to start rectifying the issue. Can we do that if Brands has failed to move the dead wood, some of which he signed? If we do it, would you want Brands making the decisions? Is the club going to back Carlo or are they expecting him to work with what he's got - which, let's call a spade a bloody shovel, really isn't all that much.

Maybe December will be the making of us, but much of the sunshine brought in to our season came from James and Digne. DCL is really all that's left of our better players, and he has no serviceable replacement either. We need to allow Carlo to spend big again - but because of the failure of the man tasked with making that space by flogging the deadwood he was party to signing it looks like we won't be able to do much. The very fact that there is a question over Brands's contract renewal tells us all we need to know. If he's not staying beyond it, should he really be party to any new recruitment activity at all in January?

I think Carlo is about to hit some very rocky turbulence. Our fans are impatient and I suspect he's not demonstrative enough to oversee some raw meat performances a la last season against Chelsea under Dunc to keep the troglodytes on side. If he can come out the other side of January with something to play for this season, he'll be a roaring success for us. But I fear the climate is turning. We have spent wasted years showing patience to busted flushes like Martinez, Smith and Moyes (who effectively left us in the lurch six months before actually doing so), and now we're going to turn on one of the all-time great coaches when we KNOW this is a long-term build. We live in interesting times.

I hate the whole idea but it will happen and it will lead to the PL being treated as a minor tournament, with those in the new competition playing more second stringers to fulfil their PL fixtures. If you think we can't compete now then imagine how it will be then. The European League/Cup will be built around securing the places for those clubs with a history of success in the modern era; these clubs will sweep up all the best talent; the TV companies will be focused even more on them; the fees paid by the TV companies for coverage of the PL will plummet.
Longer term the top clubs will force rule changes. And, of course, the game will become even more corrupt.

When Moshiri bought the club he stated that there was only a small window of opportunity for Everton to get back amongst the big boys. He'd have obviously had these developments in mind. Shame we've wasted the 3 years since.

It won't. Those teams will still play in the league so will still a draw. There's plenty of big pockets who would nick the PL rights if others move over to somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.