2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone wanting rid of Carlo Ancelotti as Everton manager cannot be taken seriously on any subject on football because that in itself shows how little you understand about growth.

Just because he is Carlo Ancelotti doesn't mean he has a magic wand, we still have a lot of players who just don't care for the club enough while on mega bucks.

The documentary "No hunger in paradise" although aimed at younger players holds true through the age groups. it takes a certain mentality to want to be the best while still being made very rich for being very average.
Just because he is Carlo Ancelotti doesn’t mean he can’t be called out for failing.

Just because he is Carlo Ancelotti doesn’t mean he can’t be called out for failing.
No you're right, he can be held accountable and should be. Nobody should get away with poor performances. However the trend has been a few years now and it seemingly can't be the manager all the time.

Let's wait until the squad is his own, it will be a lot better than it is now.

getting rid of Brands now just sets us back again. We need to start seeing things through instead of crapping our pants at the first sign of adversity. this is a tough league with some very rich clubs who have still outspent us despite our spending.
As I’ve said before, brands first team recruitment has been a mixed bag, so for that reason I’m meh. However, perhaps the real acid test of his tenure will be whether he can overhaul the structure of the club to bring through more youngsters to the first team. Still, I’m on the fence.

Fullham did nothing after we made the change and brought Davies on to sure up the midfield. They didn't even have a shot on target after they scored their second.

We were beating wba before the Red card.

You're going to try to use the fact we won a game by getting a penalty as a negative?

Spurs was a good performance "you guess" haha! We played spurs off the park. They had a couple of chances but pickford delt with them and the second half they had nothing. Maybe spurs would beat us this weekend but their in a good run of form we're not but we played them when we were in a good run of form and they weren't and we beat them.

I have to totally disagree with you on every count here to be honest. It looks to me like you are retroactively trying to change the perception of our good form at the start of the season into something negative like every game we were clinging on or fluked the win. The reality is we fully deserved every win we got in the start of the season. Subsequently we have lost our rb, lb, rw, lw through the majority of the games we have played after the Derby either through injury or suspension. Even though James has been playing he quite clearly has been injured through most of the games he's been a part of during our down turn in form.

Completely agree here mate, disproves all of his points.

The only thing the good form covered up was maybe a lack of depth (injuries clearly have hurt us along with suspensions) and the fact we have been poor defensively. That isn't to say we didnt play well, we scored a tonne of goals. The midfield were still doing their job on the ball (which they aren't now), we still created chances (which we still are just not burying every one).

Oh and yes Fulham did absolutely nothing after Davies came on, I'm not a fan of his but CA got that right bringing him on, they didn't do anything despite having all the ball.

As I’ve said before, brands first team recruitment has been a mixed bag, so for that reason I’m meh. However, perhaps the real acid test of his tenure will be whether he can overhaul the structure of the club to bring through more youngsters to the first team. Still, I’m on the fence.
I just think ripping it up and starting again at this juncture is counter productive

Statistically, if Everton were to lose against Burnley tomorrow, Ancelotti would have the same points per game as Sam Allardyce.

He would also have by far the worst defensive record out of Allardyce, Silva, Koeman and Martinez.

That does not mean that those people questioning Ancelotti are right, but you can see why they might have concerns.

No you're right, he can be held accountable and should be. Nobody should get away with poor performances. However the trend has been a few years now and it seemingly can't be the manager all the time.

Man Utd suffer from the same problem to a certain degree. As Roy Keane said, certain players at Utd are throwing managers under the bus and will do it to OGS. I’d say there are similar issues at Everton when you look at the lack of effort the likes of Sigurdsson puts in.

Carlo is being a pragmatist and trying to get the best out of what he has. Maybe a scorched earth approach might be the only way to sort this lot out.

We've been saying a "couple more windows" for the last 25 years!!

You could have Sir Alex as manager it means nothing if the recruitment policy is absolutely tat which ours is.

Brands needs to go and go now.

We haven't been saying a "couple more windows" with one of the best managers of a generation at the helm.

Look at what he managed to attract in just one window! James Rodriguez, a galactico! And Brands got him on a free!

I understand the frustration and the constant feeling of being let down, but we need to break the knee-jerk cycle.

I truly believe that stability is the key and patience is important. Yes, Carlo will get it wrong because he is trying to force the issue, force a squad that is overall weak to compete in Europe. But as long as he keeps trying different things then I'll take the good (an undefeated start) with the bad (a Steve Bruce masterclass) while he builds during the windows.

I just think ripping it up and starting again at this juncture is counter productive
I do think we need to give someone the time and space to sort the club out. I’ll forgive brands some of the dodgy signings if we get a quality youth set up in place and generate some good players for the youth team.

likewise the constant churn of managers is counter productive. Moshiri has his man, so let him work.

Correct.

I've repeated this point all season. Carlo has two of his players + Doucoure who considering our interest goes down as a MB player personally.

He is still having to rely on players who have proven they aren't up to it long-term. Keane (I know he has improved alot but still think long-term he isnt the answer), Mina, Pickford, Delph, Davies, Gomes, JJK, Iwobi, Bernard, Tosun, Walcott (only just gone).

He's had Richarlison missing for two games, James injured for 1 and playing injured for another. DCL being isolated massively as a result of that. He's had Lucas Digne missing and now will be missing for 2 months. Our three best attackers in and out of the team there so its going to have an affect clearly.

CA is not beyond question but perspective of circumstances still needs to be taken into account. We are still seeing Tom Davies getting minutes, Andre Gomes isn't returning to the form he had when he was on loan. Yerry Mina will continue to be a massively liability despite having a good game every now and then.

This isn't a one-window fix and certainly isnt going to be perfect after signing two of CA's obvious picks.

Correct.

I've repeated this point all season. Carlo has two of his players + Doucoure who considering our interest goes down as a MB player personally.

He is still having to rely on players who have proven they aren't up to it long-term. Keane (I know he has improved alot but still think long-term he isnt the answer), Mina, Pickford, Delph, Davies, Gomes, JJK, Iwobi, Bernard, Tosun, Walcott (only just gone).

He's had Richarlison missing for two games, James injured for 1 and playing injured for another. DCL being isolated massively as a result of that. He's had Lucas Digne missing and now will be missing for 2 months. Our three best attackers in and out of the team there so its going to have an affect clearly.

CA is not beyond question but perspective of circumstances still needs to be taken into account. We are still seeing Tom Davies getting minutes, Andre Gomes isn't returning to the form he had when he was on loan. Yerry Mina will continue to be a massively liability despite having a good game every now and then.

This isn't a one-window fix and certainly isnt going to be perfect after signing two of CA's obvious picks.
He’s having to work with what he’s got and is renowned for a softly softly approach with players. He’s not going to say half the team needs sold after a match, although he’s probably thinking it.

Hopefully we’ll see a few booted and a few more incoming soon.

He’s having to work with what he’s got and is renowned for a softly softly approach with players. He’s not going to say half the team needs sold after a match, although he’s probably thinking it.

Hopefully we’ll see a few booted and a few more incoming soon.

It will take time. Unfortunately we've heard those words before and been let down but with CA at the helm we have to give him it. If we dont give him any time then we dont deserve quality.

Why are we paying him £11m if he needs all these different conditions for him to be a success?

We aren’t in a Chelsea or Man City position where we can buy a whole new squad every year. Most managers in the league have a blend of old and new players. He’s benefited massively from Richarlison, DCL and Digne who were brought in under different managers.

He’s getting paid huge wages, he brought in 6 players in the summer and now he has to start delivering.

We could get someone on less than half the wage to serve up the same dirge Ancelotti has since he got here.

Simeone is a more suited manager to the Prem than Carlo is.

Current Prem you need aggression, pace, defensively tight, fight, energy, fitness - all the things he drills into his teams.

Carlo is a very good manager but I think he's either no longer suited to this league or he's slowing becoming past his best.

I actually don't think I've read anything more ridiculous on this site and there's some absolute wham spoken on here.

A manager who's won every trophy going, has won three trophies in the premier league alone, isn't as good a manager as one who has spent most of his managerial career in the spotlight of the other Madrid. Ok, good luck with that one.

Some people in here are making out that Ancelloti's success is a generation ago which is absolutely not true.
Reality is that we've a squad so uneven that it might as well be a the go compare man on a see-saw with a dwarf. We all know that so to imply any other manager would have us winning the league in his first season is absolute nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.