2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win though it’s 6 wins from 11 games and we’ll probably be in the top 6.
As usual though, the victories covered up the cracks.

Fulham should have beaten us, it took a red card for us to claw it back against WBA at home, and it took a penalty to beat Palace. The only convincing victory was against Brighton and we still managed to concede two. The Spurs win was a good performance, I guess, albeit against an out-of-sorts team who would smash us if they played us at the weekend.

All of the cup games were easy fixtures and told us nothing.

Carlo has been at top clubs who inevitably sack their managers. Madrid will sack Zidane in the season after he won them the title and this is the guy who won them three CLs in a row. I don’t think any of the players he has brought here got him sacked at his other jobs. If he thought they did then he wouldn’t want them would he. James and Allan are two of our best players. The squad is improving.
That isn't true though Napoli's previous manager did 3 seasons and then moved on for a better job, the manager before that did 2 seasons and then moved on for a better job.

At Bayern the previous manager did 3 seasons finished his contract and then had a sabbatical.

No mate he’s won 7 trophies. Just because you don’t think beating the CL winner is a worthy trophy doesn’t mean they didn’t actually win a trophy.

Give over lad It's a pre season friendly. Do you also think that we've won a trophy because we won the sportspesa Cup or when we won the brotherhood Cup against everton Chile? No, of course not because they were exhibition matches.

Even uefa don't recognise the super cup as a "major competition".

Hes won 4 actual trophies. 3 in his first 3 years at the club and 1 in his last 6. In his last 6 years at Athletico he's spent £837.5m.

Fulham should have beaten us, it took a red card for us to claw it back against WBA at home, and it took a penalty to beat Palace. The only convincing victory was against Brighton and we still managed to concede two. The Spurs win was a good performance, I guess, albeit against an out-of-sorts team who would smash us if they played us at the weekend.

Fullham did nothing after we made the change and brought Davies on to sure up the midfield. They didn't even have a shot on target after they scored their second.

We were beating wba before the Red card.

You're going to try to use the fact we won a game by getting a penalty as a negative?

Spurs was a good performance "you guess" haha! We played spurs off the park. They had a couple of chances but pickford delt with them and the second half they had nothing. Maybe spurs would beat us this weekend but their in a good run of form we're not but we played them when we were in a good run of form and they weren't and we beat them.

I have to totally disagree with you on every count here to be honest. It looks to me like you are retroactively trying to change the perception of our good form at the start of the season into something negative like every game we were clinging on or fluked the win. The reality is we fully deserved every win we got in the start of the season. Subsequently we have lost our rb, lb, rw, lw through the majority of the games we have played after the Derby either through injury or suspension. Even though James has been playing he quite clearly has been injured through most of the games he's been a part of during our down turn in form.

Give over lad It's a pre season friendly. Do you also think that we've won a trophy because we won the sportspesa Cup or when we won the brotherhood Cup against everton Chile? No, of course not because they were exhibition matches.

Even uefa don't recognise the super cup as a "major competition".

Hes won 4 actual trophies. 3 in his first 3 years at the club and 1 in his last 6. In his last 6 years at Athletico he's spent £837.5m.

Simeone is a more suited manager to the Prem than Carlo is.

Current Prem you need aggression, pace, defensively tight, fight, energy, fitness - all the things he drills into his teams.

Carlo is a very good manager but I think he's either no longer suited to this league or he's slowing becoming past his best.

Fullham did nothing after we made the change and brought Davies on to sure up the midfield. They didn't even have a shot on target after they scored their second.

We were beating wba before the Red card.

You're going to try to use the fact we won a game by getting a penalty as a negative?

Spurs was a good performance "you guess" haha! We played spurs off the park. They had a couple of chances but pickford delt with them and the second half they had nothing. Maybe spurs would beat us this weekend but their in a good run of form we're not but we played them when we were in a good run of form and they weren't and we beat them.

I have to totally disagree with you on every count here to be honest. It looks to me like you are retroactively trying to change the perception of our good form at the start of the season into something negative like every game we were clinging on or fluked the win. The reality is we fully deserved every win we got in the start of the season. Subsequently we have lost our rb, lb, rw, lw through the majority of the games we have played after the Derby either through injury or suspension. Even though James has been playing he quite clearly has been injured through most of the games he's been a part of during our down turn in form.

For some the wins don’t count. Only the losses. We’re a terrible team that lies five points off the top of the table because we should have really lost or drawn all the games we won whilst we definitely deserved to lose all the games we lost. The same way that all of Carlo’s work at Milan, Chelsea, PSG and Madrid doesn’t count, but his bad spells at Bayern and Napoli are absolutely relevant.

For those of you blowing up at Carlo - yes, he has made mistakes, but I saw this and thought, he is doing bloody well to even have us in the conversation for a top 6 berth.

Look at the depth Chelsea have in every position - we are so far away from having a squad capable of competing consistently, yet only 3 points separates us! I'd argue that 90% of their 'bench' players would walk into our starting XI

Take a deep breath, give the man a couple more windows and we will hopefully be in a position to really push in the next couple of years. Let's drop the week to week reactive rubbish.

1607075657106.png

For those of you blowing up at Carlo - yes, he has made mistakes, but I saw this and thought, he is doing bloody well to even have us in the conversation for a top 6 berth.

Look at the depth Chelsea have in every position - we are so far away from having a squad capable of competing consistently, yet only 3 points separates us! I'd argue that 90% of their 'bench' players would walk into our starting XI

Take a deep breath, give the man a couple more windows and we will hopefully be in a position to really push in the next couple of years. Let's drop the week to week reactive rubbish.

View attachment 110062
They did great business in the summer to be fair to them. It's beginning to show on the pitch now.

View attachment 110062

Its an unbelievable squad. So much so that they can afford to loan out Barkley and Loftus Cheek and it doesn’t even impact them. We’d take either of them to get in our team ahead of Davies Siggurdson or Delph, and these are players who can’t even make Chelsea’s squad. They might not even finish top either, they might be third or fourth. That’s the challenge Ancelotti is against, it’s not a league which has one super power and anyone who puts a run together can make the CL. It’s a league with arguably 5 of the best squads in world football in it and some of the best managers in the world in Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp, Bielsa.

‘yeah but Ancelotti got tactically done by Steve Bruce so he must be rubbish’

This is a long restoration job and rather than taking this on a game by game basis or even a stretch of a few games this needs to be looked at long term. The squad he picked up was extremely poor, Richarlison and Digne were genuine quality added to a mix of long term injuries and players who are frankly championship standard (Kenny, Davies, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Niasse, Martina, Besic, Bolasie Garbutt etc.). He didn’t have much financial wiggle room given the FFP constraints from our previous poor recruitment. The squad mentality was through the floor, we’d been a year without winning away from home recently, and three managers had recently been fired.

Despite all of this he’s got a group of players that aren’t his own performing at 1.58 ppg over 29 games. That’s 60 points and probably European football over a season if we continue with that. The players he’s brought in (despite some ludicrous criticism of them) are now amongst our best ones (James and Allan). He’s completely revolutionised DCL into a top striker and had Keane Coleman and Holgate playing better than they had in ages last season and the start of this (injuries aside).

I just don’t know how people can’t see there’s been long term improvement. Yes one off games are annoying and there’s been some questionable team line ups and bad performances but this current team is loads better than the one that had Davies and Sigurdsson in a two in midfield. The football is miles better to watch also. There’s been two games this season at Southampton and Newcastle where’d I’d say we were ‘boring’. Every other game I’ve enjoyed watching is and we’ve carried a threat even at the expense of us being open at the back.

View attachment 110062

We've been saying a "couple more windows" for the last 25 years!!

You could have Sir Alex as manager it means nothing if the recruitment policy is absolutely tat which ours is.

Brands needs to go and go now.

Anyone wanting rid of Carlo Ancelotti as Everton manager cannot be taken seriously on any subject on football because that in itself shows how little you understand about growth.

Just because he is Carlo Ancelotti doesn't mean he has a magic wand, we still have a lot of players who just don't care for the club enough while on mega bucks.

The documentary "No hunger in paradise" although aimed at younger players holds true through the age groups. it takes a certain mentality to want to be the best while still being made very rich for being very average.

You could have Sir Alex as manager it means nothing if the recruitment policy is absolutely tat which ours is.

He’s going nowhere. New deal incoming for the architect. He’s one half of Moshiri’s dream team. His hand is on the tiller for a good while yet.

Dunno mate, is there not an argument that Brands's job is to deliver the profile of player the manager is after.

So he's only had 1 window with Carlo, if he fails to deliver players to Carlo in Jan and especially next summer I think you have more of a case. But he was never gonna get every player that Carlo wanted in 1 summer window.

getting rid of Brands now just sets us back again. We need to start seeing things through instead of crapping our pants at the first sign of adversity. this is a tough league with some very rich clubs who have still outspent us despite our spending.

Totally agree with this. The performances this season so far suggest to me that we will finish 10th or 11th this season. I'm absolutely dreading the Chelsea game next week, looks an absolute cert that they will win. We really are no better than last season imo

Status
Not open for further replies.