2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the case with every manager and they're sacked after a season.

The core of that squad has been around 5 managers at least and have failed each one.

Face facts. The goals should never be "reach Europe" they should be stay in the league, build a team.

We are not competitive.
I'm not sure what you think I'm saying but it definitely isn't to chase Europe now.

I'm not making the case it's ideal as it's not, but a decent organisation has plans for such eventualities. He's an older manager and frankly isn't going to want to wait around here if the biggest job in world football comes.

As for the club, on a scale of when a manager can leave, the start of the summer is probably about as good as you can get.

To me we have a chance to press the re-set button and make a decision for the longer term now.
We aren't a decent organisation

They don't though. We haven't sacked Carlo. We know the players are crap, or at least a fair few of them, but he's decided to leave us in the lurch mate, when we need a big rebuild.

He can't come out of this with our respect. He's sacked us off at the first chance. Now the reasons for that may also be down to the club and I think the club is clearly a shambolic mess.

But he's decided to quit. It's on him.

I don't blame Carlo for wanting to manage Eden Hazard over Andre Gomes.

I wasn't disagreeing with you i was furthering your point of players having to shoulder responsiblity.

I rather have him than Howe to be honest.
1622554924892.png

I am a lurker. I read often, rarely post.

Rate Carlo as highly as you can rate a manager. Horrible news for us. I'm not sure what some of our supporters have been watching, but Carlos is world class. Period. He made even some of our subpar players look better than they are. Just think about the transformation Keane had under Carlo as an example..... or DCL.....

However........

Our front office (Brands, and even Moshiri himself) should've known this was a possibility with a manager of Carlo's caliber.

In other words, they should've anticipated this. There should be contingency plans in place.

With the new stadium pending...... I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor/report someone posted about us replacing Carlo with a "big name" is indeed true.

Someone mentioned Wenger. Would be have any interest??

I don't blame Carlo for wanting to manage Eden Hazard over Andre Gomes.

I wasn't disagreeing with you i was furthering your point of players having to shoulder responsiblity.
I do blame Carlo though mate. I blame him for jumping ship at the first sign of trouble.

Now, that 'trouble' - that's what I blame the club for.

I think it's awful from all of them. I really do.
But he's left us up s*** creek without a paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.