2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the new manager will have the balls to stop playing the ones not performing
Well, you hit the nail on the head there. If the club hires a manager who has the mentality of Bielsa, Conte, etc., then there is no room for the players to hide. These guys have done their homework, and have thoroughly analyzed all the players, and have a full overview. To put it this way, they probably knew who Luke Garbutt was.

Making out like the only reason someone could possibly have for leaving Everton for Real Madrid is that there's been some sort of massive row or the board have lied is some next level delusion. The bloke's realised that the 'challenge' he thought sounded like fun is actually really difficult and he's been given an easy out by being approached by the biggest club in the world. I don't really think it reflects poorly on anyone, it's just the way of the world. We absolutely MUST get the next appointment right though, or we're in big trouble.

TBF, a lot of those who wanted Ancelotti to stay should have realised this was a possibility - he's still very much a big name manager so him hanging around long term was always a dicey proposition.
Wow, so those are to blame now, for actually wanting a manager to succeed! But all those calling him as past it, no use etc etc are obviously soiling themselves in delight as he may well walk out to manage RM!!

Some Everton fans blow my mind!!!

I just find that pretty implausible to be honest.

If there is a disagreement between Anclotti and Brands and they side with Brands, then that is absolutely crazy to me. The only parallel I can draw is with the issues between Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay GM.

You back Carlo Ancelotti and you back Aaron Rodgers. To do otherwise is just completely ludicrous. That's why I find it hard to believe.
If it's true that Carlo is leaving it just back ups why Brands should be backed.

Managers come and go so quickly nowadays. For years we have been trying to offload players brought in by previous managers, so we can start building a team for a new manager, before then sacking them.

Manager always look for short term solutions, and that often conflicts with trying to build a team over a long period by identifying young gems.

We've been trying to do both things at once and keep falling between stools.

Contract issues at West Ham are the only thing. Plus whether or not he feels the board will back him in the transfer market could sway him.

That said, don't think we should be returning for him.

....I’m sure they’ll back the new man. To be fair Moshiri has backed them all.

I agree, I think he’s an unlikely appointment.

...I suspect the Moyes links are lazy rather than informed. He looks a good fit at West Ham, I’m not sure he’d want to come back although i presume he still has his house in Preston.

He wants a better deal at West Ham and is mates with Bill etc

Suspect he’s just trying to get money out of the dildo dwarfs

Status
Not open for further replies.