2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes well spotted “criticism”.

I have not once said “want him sacked” which is what you wrote.

Personally think it's completely dumb criticising to that level when he's only here a short while and only had a few games with his new signings.

Still more players to get rid of and more to get in to improve us

I'd personally say a solid top 8 this season and he will have lifted us from the utter mess we were in and the path we were on.

A top 8 finishing position is going to include bad games.

Questioning a bit, but waiting until much more time has passed or reviewing at the end of the first full season before worrying.....yeah.....but criticism like you have given in the quotes.....nah sorry. Silly impatient football fan crap for me

You aren't asking for him to be sacked but you are drawing some very strong conclusions and putting the boot in there. I don't see it as too far off. In fact when I read posters like that I imagine they'd quickly be one of the first to mention sacking if God forbid they lost 3 more games

Sadly mate unless we change system to a 2 man midfield or unless Davies is given a chance and miraculously turns into Piro I fear there’s a lot more of Sigurdsson to come. I don’t know why and again it really irks me but Ancelotti seems to like him a lot.

I don't think he likes him at all.

They want rid for sure. He wasn't starter when all fit and in form.

We need more of these guys out the door and we all want them gone, but unfortunately some of them are going to be used regularly enough until that blessed moment comes in Jan or next summer

I def don't think he has a blind spot for any of the bad players. He is just stuck with players he can't get rid of all at once

We've shipped 11 goals in the last 5 league games, and it's hardly like we are playing kamikaze football, no one gets within 10 yards of DCL usually. Real test coming up in the next few games as are all over the place at the back and look clueless bar 'cross for DCL' going forward.

Not sure today is his fault tbh, the team performed how we want at times but for some reason Allan has lost his edge and Doucoure has ran out of ideas.

Yes well spotted “criticism”.

I have not once said “want him sacked” which is what you wrote.

Your "criticism" is over the top, and without context.

It's also one-sided and skewed. Your posts on here about Ancelotti are always negative.

Less than 12 months ago, you was laughing at Everton fans for even mentioning Ancelotti as a potential Everton manager;

Ancelotti and Simeone? Some of you are seriously deluded lol

Ancelotti not realistic.

If we’ve no chance of Gallardo or Jesus, then Emery all day long.

Why was this?

Why was Ancelotti a deluded choice and not realistic?

His credentials in the game.

That affords him some patience and dare I say it, respect.

3 defeats on the bounce. Shame for him we can’t play Salford and Fleetwood every week to improve his stats.

please don’t try and make excuses for him, he’s not even making the team hard to beat and the football is dull and toothless.
Just like last week at Newcastle and away at Southampton. All huff and puff when we are losing without any end product or real threat.

Think he’s seriously looking like he has no idea what to do with this squad.

maybe one of those managers who’s only good with big name players?

Remember this from before the season?

Ancelotti is the only chance we have of pulling any decent talent in, as his reputation is all we have. No European football again, a worn out and relic of a stadium etc...or we pay over the top wages to average players to get them to come, but that then poses all sorts of other problems.

He’s got such a difficult task this coming season.

This has to be one of the worst Everton sides of the last 30 years doesn't it?

It's not just the games since returning from lock down either. Garbage under Silva until he went, Ferguson revitalised them for a few games, but we are now back to levels under Silva, comparable with what we saw under Koeman in his second season, or Martinez's last season.

A massive cull and rebuilding job is needed or it will be a relegation fight next season.

I know they have brought Ancelotti in to change it, but this is a serious challenge he has and I honestly can't see it working due to the amount of dross he has to get rid of first.

Really, really concerned about the future of this club.

So it's worth allowing some context before being so scathing towards him.

Posts like this;

If you think he’s doing well, watch the Southampton game from last night and realise how fired up their players are for every game at the moment.

Not turning on him, but I’m not going to keep giving him eternal grace because he’s Carlo Ancelotti either.

if we lose this that’s 1 point out of 12.

Throw in last seasons end of season form and horrific performances and it’s really not good.

Needs a massive turn around in next 45 mins.

Sure, but then factor in we're in the top 5 for points since he took over.

This with, and to use your words "one of the worst Everton sides of the last 30 years".

We've been more than competitive this season.

The last 3 games has had some pretty big mitigating circumstances.

Ancelotti is without doubt, our biggest hope so let's not be so don't be too quick to get on his case. If you are, maybe try and post in his thread when he's doing well - like a few weeks ago when he was manager of the month.

Personally think it's completely dumb criticising to that level when he's only here a short while and only had a few games with his new signings.

Still more players to get rid of and more to get in to improve us

I'd personally say a solid top 8 this season and he will have lifted us from the utter mess we were in and the path we were on.

A top 8 finishing position is going to include bad games.

Questioning a bit, but waiting until much more time has passed or reviewing at the end of the first full season before worrying.....yeah.....but criticism like you have given in the quotes.....nah sorry. Silly impatient football fan crap for me

You aren't asking for him to be sacked but you are drawing some very strong conclusions and putting the boot in there. I don't see it as too far off. In fact when I read posters like that I imagine they'd quickly be one of the first to mention sacking if God forbid they lost 3 more games
Mate, I’m going off what we are seeing on the field and I’m simply not believing he gets a free pass because he’s Carlo Ancelotti.

He’s been here nearly a year and the last 3 games have been hard to watch and truth be told not far off as bad as it was at the end of last season when he was also in charge. We also got very lucky in the derby so you can call it 4 bad performances on the bounce.

The football is pretty grim with no real attacking threat without Richarlison and we are very easy to beat, as he keeps persisting with Pickford who has a clanger in him every game, as well as Gylfi who looks like a dog whose legs are gone.

we look like a side who got off to a false start at the moment, so I’m really not seeing much improvement, hence the frustration.

Very concerning how we've reverted back to our post-lockdown form, even with new players. If we have any aspirations of being a top 4 side, then we can't go on another run of games where we don't look like making any chances.

Carlo's system relies a lot on individuals, but besides James and Richarlison, we don't have players capable of making things happen out of nothing. He really needs to find a proper plan B.

I don’t think people are saying it’s just a couple of weeks or 3 games though. Last season, we produced some of the worst performances under him. Particularly post lockdown it was woeful. I’m just shocked at the amount of goals we are conceding. They should be better drilled and organised defensively under a world class manager. Wouldn’t you think? At least be hard to beat?

More arsed over points on the board.

This was before Newcastle.
  • Well, since Ancelotti took over, Everton have played 26 games and with 43 points, they have the fifth highest number of accumulated points since Christmas 2019, of the 17 clubs who were in the PL last season and in this current one.
Brilliant considering the team he has.

Imagine what he could do with time, more transfer windows and without fans getting on his case a few weeks after being manager of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.