2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has got his work cut out managing some of these numpties. 1 point out of 12 is not even remotely good enough and i am sure he knows it. Whether he can do it or not i don't know but i hope he does as i want him to be the man that brought us back to the good days. Long way away that though. Eons based upon the last 3 weeks. Still hasn't disposed of the loser mentality yet. It has been on full view the last 3 games all of which were winnable with a team that believed in themselves and played with passion and confidence.

Continues to be really hard work being an Evertonian.

After Olsen playing well last week, Ancelotti drops him and brings back Pickford. That is weak management imo. For a team managed by an Italian, we sure do concede a lot of goals. We were beaten pretty comfortably, by an out of form United side, and they were playing in Europe during the week as well.

We are on the slide at the moment, and the manager needs to reverse this and get things back on track asap. We know the squad depth is pretty poor, but the challenge for Ancelotti now, is whether he has the bottle to drop the likes of Pickford Keane Sigurdsson etc. Today was really poor, and today is the first time I've felt annoyed with the manager.

Read it again
Yep.....read it again. It's sprinkled with ifs. If this and if that.
And we haven't exactly had half the team out. A few players. But not half the team. And isn't that what having a squad is all about.
But I do get your point. We are still.well placed. But losing the last three matches hasn't been great. But that's all right. Because we have started well. Not how I look at things.

Still back Ancelotti, but cannot sit here and say he's completely turned the team around when that's just not the case. Aside from a set piece or cross into DCL it's been difficult to see where a goal will come from over the past three games.

Ancelotti first 28 games - 43 points
Silva first 28 games - 36 points
Koeman first 28 games - 47 points

Not being funny but 43 points from 28 games is pathetic

Your "criticism" is over the top, and without context.

It's also one-sided and skewed. Your posts on here about Ancelotti are always negative.

Less than 12 months ago, you was laughing at Everton fans for even mentioning Ancelotti as a potential Everton manager;

Why was this?

Why was Ancelotti a deluded choice and not realistic?

His credentials in the game.

That affords him some patience and dare I say it, respect.

Remember this from before the season?

So it's worth allowing some context before being so scathing towards him.

Posts like this;

Sure, but then factor in we're in the top 5 for points since he took over.

This with, and to use your words "one of the worst Everton sides of the last 30 years".

We've been more than competitive this season.

The last 3 games has had some pretty big mitigating circumstances.

Ancelotti is without doubt, our biggest hope so let's not be so don't be too quick to get on his case. If you are, maybe try and post in his thread when he's doing well - like a few weeks ago when he was manager of the month.

yup. Exactly

like...in the bad moments in games, during the crap performances this year. After these defeats

it’s not even on my radar to think about or doubt the manager right now. I think it’s craziness

all I focus on is when we can get more of this crap out the door

and for the new signings, I’ve no intention of overly criticizing them or worrying about them a few games into their first season.

Its just typical generic impatient football fan stuff

And we haven't exactly had half the team out. A few players. But not half the team. And isn't that what having a squad is all about.
But I do get your point. We are still.well placed. But losing the last three matches hasn't been great. But that's all right. Because we have started well. Not how I look at things.

No - the post said "we are losing by 1 goal to united" - and was posted just as the third went in.

Hence "close".

Your "criticism" is over the top, and without context.

It's also one-sided and skewed. Your posts on here about Ancelotti are always negative.

Less than 12 months ago, you was laughing at Everton fans for even mentioning Ancelotti as a potential Everton manager;

Why was this?

Why was Ancelotti a deluded choice and not realistic?

His credentials in the game.

That affords him some patience and dare I say it, respect.

Remember this from before the season?

So it's worth allowing some context before being so scathing towards him.

Posts like this;

Sure, but then factor in we're in the top 5 for points since he took over.

This with, and to use your words "one of the worst Everton sides of the last 30 years".

We've been more than competitive this season.

The last 3 games has had some pretty big mitigating circumstances.

Ancelotti is without doubt, our biggest hope so let's not be so don't be too quick to get on his case. If you are, maybe try and post in his thread when he's doing well - like a few weeks ago when he was manager of the month.
It’s probably frustration as he is making some very strange decisions which aren’t helping the situation.

I agree my criticism today is scathing but that is due to the feeling of another false dawn.

Vs Newcastle - Coleman, Holgate, Digne, Richarlison and Rodriguez.

That's half a team out mate.

All 5 start next game.

Mate, I’m going off what we are seeing on the field and I’m simply not believing he gets a free pass because he’s Carlo Ancelotti.

He’s been here nearly a year and the last 3 games have been hard to watch and truth be told not far off as bad as it was at the end of last season when he was also in charge. We also got very lucky in the derby so you can call it 4 bad performances on the bounce.

The football is pretty grim with no real attacking threat without Richarlison and we are very easy to beat, as he keeps persisting with Pickford who has a clanger in him every game, as well as Gylfi who looks like a dog whose legs are gone.

we look like a side who got off to a false start at the moment, so I’m really not seeing much improvement, hence the frustration.

just see the previous reply to you from @GrandOldTeam

let’s talk at the end of the season maybe, unless we crash and burn before then which I highly doubt

until then, nah for me it’s silliness

The worry was he’s never been a ridiculous good coach in terms of how you see Pep etc.

The club probably needed an Nangelsmann more but in the same sense he’s opened up doors to things those coaches couldn’t.

He will win us stuff but he has to be backed and backed and not have incompetent DOF purchasing him players

Status
Not open for further replies.