2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do do it. We smothered spurs on the opening day playing like it.
I dont think its down to fitness. Its lack of quality. Like any other team you take out the better players and results can drop.
We have quantity but not quality.

Against Southampton, we only had Seamus and Richarlison missing. Given the compressed nature of the League this season we are going to have to cope with players being missing.

That doesn't excuse the lack of intensity we are seeing. The players coming in should be running their legs off trying to break in to the team.

Against Southampton, we only had Seamus and Richarlison missing. Given the compressed nature of the League this season we are going to have to cope with players being missing.

That doesn't excuse the lack of intensity we are seeing. The players coming in should be running their legs off trying to break in to the team.

These are some of the same players that have seen multiple managers fired. Sigurdsson isn’t going to run his legs off for anyone.

We're not going to win every game.
At the start of the season and even after 3 or 4 games almost every Everton fan said the same thing. If we start getting injuries and suspensions it will affect us. Thats the whole point. We cant take hits because the back up just isnt good enough.
Again. This isnt going to be fixed quickly.

We're not going to win every game.
At the start of the season and even after 3 or 4 games almost every Everton fan said the same thing. If we start getting injuries and suspensions it will affect us. Thats the whole point. We cant take hits because the back up just isnt good enough.
Again. This isnt going to be fixed quickly.

West Ham have wide options like Benhrama Yarmolenko Lanzini on their bench. Any of them would have got in our team today. That’s the bench of a bottom half premier league team. The squad has so many gaps still to fill.

That's some interpretation you've taken about his training.

Any articles I've read have said he prefers short, intense sessions, rather than long ones. The Bayern team couldn't get their head around it, and in true German fashion, believed in working more.

The fact that so many elite players, some the best of their generation, have come out and professed that Carlo was the best they've had speaks for itself.

The problem today was far from training sessions. We had five first team players out for a start. Come off it.

Would that be the Bayern team that are currently European Champions.

Players love Carlo we know that. He is clearly a really nice person. The thing is that whilst working with those players Carlo has been sacked over and over again. Once the man management skills wear off the inevitable dip occurs.

It was a very poor performance today. Poor team selection, poor decision making and Carlo is as much to blame. He played to not get beat ultimately, and we conceded another two. Two goals conceded against Southampton, west brom, Brighton, Liverpool and now Newcastle. Considering we’ve got two first choice CBs playing, two defensive mids who people have been raving about, it’s very very poor. It’s easy to
Give the squad depth argument but we ain’t playing Liverpool every week. Most of the teams were playing are just as bad if not worse and that’s when you need the management and tactics to come through. I’m not seeing much improvement from any of the players or any ideas, or courage on the ball. If you don’t want to at least put some of the blame on Carlo, then go onto the brands thread and go bonkers because mina, Gomes, Bernard, iwobi were all available today and were just shown up to be useless cowards. Not even mentioning the guy they’ve loaned out.

West Ham have wide options like Benhrama Yarmolenko Lanzini on their bench. Any of them would have got in our team today. That’s the bench of a bottom half premier league team. The squad has so many gaps still to fill.

Some of the comments in here tonight. After 4 games some must have thought the years of really awful recruitment had gone away.
Our starting 11 is ok. Start taking 2 or 3 out of that and you see the problem is still very much there.
Still work in progress.

We were missing at least 5 starters today.

do that to ANY side in the division and they’d struggle.

we were missing our equivalent to Salah, Mane, TAA and Robertson. Plus holgate. Olsen made his debut.

imagine Liverpool without those 4 at once.
It depends what your expectations are. If you just want a team that'll do well with it's best XI on the pitch then we're doing fine. But I thought we're looking beyond that. If so, we need a squad to match.

Hard watch that today, and I think most people would have liked Gordon to start and take the game to Newcastle. Gomes looked way off the pace, and he wasn’t the only one.

We’ve got to look at the long term though I reckon, and most teams would struggle to replace the likes of Richarlison, James and Digne.

Ancelotti needs a few transfer windows to get a proper squad together, never mind the first team. He’s still dealing with bilge the previous managers and Brands have brought in.

That's the thing dave, we just don't have those players in depth who will come in, do a job and fight for the shirt, they don't even have to have loads of talent, just the will to put a shift in.
That's it. And some game plan. I look at Everton's XI today and I see a better one in terms of individuals in comparison with Newcastle (overall).

It was unforgiveable we lost that today. I could handle a draw given the absentees, but to lose shows a lack of mental strength.

No one puts a gun to Carlo's head and forces him to play Sigurdsson.

He doesn’t have that many other options. Iwobi, Bernard, Gomes, Sigurdsson. When everyone is fit he’s probably not in the team but he’s only being kept out by Gomes who is in torrid form himself. I’m not surprised that Isco is rumoured for that third midfield slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.