2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played with a lack of intensity, it was the same against Southampton. You train without intensity and inevitably you play without intensity. At Bayern the players arranged their own additional training sessions because Carlo's were too easy. Gattuso dropped Allan because he was strolling around in training, Carlo then signed him.

Our players simply aren't fit enough and have been outworked in the last three League games.

We do do it. We smothered spurs on the opening day playing like it.
I dont think its down to fitness. Its lack of quality. Like any other team you take out the better players and results can drop.
We have quantity but not quality.

I think he got it wrong last week vs the saints

James should have not played
Gomes as bad as he is should always play ahead of Siggurdson in a midfield of 3.

But this game was a pick your poison game. Richarlison, James, Digne, Coleman. Big drop off between each of them and their replacement. Hard to win like that and even look good like that

We played with a lack of intensity, it was the same against Southampton. You train without intensity and inevitably you play without intensity. At Bayern the players arranged their own additional training sessions because Carlo's were too easy. Gattuso dropped Allan because he was strolling around in training, Carlo then signed him.

Our players simply aren't fit enough and have been outworked in the last three League games.

Agree with you mate. Don’t look fit compared to other teams. Lack of energy and intensity. Sometimes atttitude/application is more important than quality.

I know we’ve got some duds but we should expect to see players improve under Carlo.

Klopp, Rodgers, Bielsa, Hasshuttel all improved players they inherited.

We got it wrong today and Anchelotti played his part in that. It happens, he's not infallible. But what today really proved was something that we should all already know, that we have an utterly terrible squad with zero depth. Yes we had a really good summer transfer window and recruited well but a couple of injuries and/or suspensions and we're right back to dross. The damage that our last few moronic managers and "directors of football" have inflicted on the club simply can not overstated. This is going to take years to fix, not one or two transfer windows. Years. And we're going to have to live with it.

Agree with you mate. Don’t look fit compared to other teams. Lack of energy and intensity. Sometimes atttitude/application is more important than quality.

I know we’ve got some duds but we should expect to see players improve under Carlo.

Got to agree about hasshuttel. First really noticed them at old trafford last season. So impressed with their midfield.
I just think some of ours are beyond improving. We bought some real real duds like iwobi.

DCL Holgate Digne Coleman Keane have all improved massively under Carlo.

That's some interpretation you've taken about his training.

Any articles I've read have said he prefers short, intense sessions, rather than long ones. The Bayern team couldn't get their head around it, and in true German fashion, believed in working more.

The fact that so many elite players, some the best of their generation, have come out and professed that Carlo was the best they've had speaks for itself.

The problem today was far from training sessions. We had five first team players out for a start. Come off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.