2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this point made a few times, about continually picking the same underperforming players. But what did people expect him to do?

The CM options were literally Gomes, Davies, Sig. He had to pick at least 2 of them every game, and 2 of them arent very good at all.
I get this. Just expected one of the top managers around to be able to get a bit more out them?

Fair enough mate.

Your original post definitely read like an indictment of Carlo tho....
It does re-reading it on my end. It's not meant to be at all. It's concerning to me that there isn't any real uptick in form, absolutely. But the concerning thing to me is that the players either don't understand what Carlo is asking of them(ie: they're thick AF) or just don't care.

I get this. Just expected one of the top managers around to be able to get a bit more out them?
Well to be fair he got us to safety with relative ease which, when you look at us under Silva, looked like a big ask. My only criticism would maybe be that he could have moved Holgate into DM to give us some legs in there. Although Mina getting injured gave him a headache.

so one of the greatest ever managers cant motivate or organise a team into a hard working cohesive unit? name me one thing you have seen that gives you hope for next season, you think he is going to go out and buy the European football equivalent of the Harlem globetrotters in the summer and turn us around?

But you wanted another season of Big Fat Sam.

Why would he do that? Do you think that he didn't know exactly what he was signing up for when he took the job? As though Ancelotti, his team and his agent didn't even do basic research and establish what was expected of him, what the long term goals of the club was and what he'd be given to spend in pursuit of achieving those goals?

Some of you need to learn that football managers and players don't think like fans on forums. Nobody with half a brain walks away from a multi year, extravagantly well paid job just because it's not as easy as they'd like it to be.
Member when Martin O Neil resigned because they sold a player on deadline day?
The reason I made that statement is because there seems to be conflicting ideas on the outcome of this transfer window. Carlo obviously believes he's getting considerable sums to make the squad competitive to at least get Europa League if not Champions leave qualification. That's going to take quite a spend on the current squad. Brands on the other hand is is giving the line that this window will be about loans and swap deals with not much money spent. So pardon my lack of football knowledge but that seems to me that they are not singing from the same hymn sheet.
You think he'll stick around and finish his career at mid table Everton just because he's being paid? He's said himself he doesn't need the money. He wants one last job to finish his career, if we can't offerer what was obviously promised he will go.

The reason I made that statement is because there seems to be conflicting ideas on the outcome of this transfer window. Carlo obviously believes he's getting considerable sums to make the squad competitive to at least get Europa League if not Champions leave qualification. That's going to take quite a spend on the current squad. Brands on the other hand is is giving the line that this window will be about loans and swap deals with not much money spent. So pardon my lack of football knowledge but that seems to me that they are not singing from the same hymn sheet.
You think he'll stick around and finish his career at mid table Everton just because he's being paid? He's said himself he doesn't need the money. He wants one last job to finish his career, if we can't offerer what was obviously promised he will go.

He's talking up his love for Liverpool (the city) and our club because it's the right thing to do, to get us all on board. He does appear to love being here though. In any case, he and Richarlison are here for a maximum of 3 years and will only stay If
next season - we get 3 really good signings, and compete for 6th place
21/22 - we sign 3 more and are comfortably between 4-6 (pushing for 4th)
22/23 - make it in the top 4

I know this is more than we have had for the last 20 years, and sounds totally unrealistic, but I don't see these two staying for any less than that. Why would they? But we have to hope that this happens.

ffs. Right carlo has money we buy players. Everyone is happy well on here? Na!

Brands talking it all down could just be a tactic anyway. Talking it all up didn't go too well did it.
Yeah I don’t see why the club would be (allegedly) briefing the media that we won’t be spending big unless they either want to encourage bids for our players or they are trying not to get rinsed in the market.

It’s certainly a different situation to the Kenwright days when we had to sell players to keep the administrators at bay.

A good, if not depressing read. Hard to disagree with Ratcliffe.
It’s spot on but patently obvious to anyone who watches the team regularly. The club has needed stability since Moyes left. They need to give Carlo time and do a steady building job. It isn’t possible to do a Man City now and buy a whole new team on mega wages overnight.

A good, if not depressing read. Hard to disagree with Ratcliffe.
The bit that sticks out
“He has been promised total support in the markets within the parameters of Financial Fair Play.”
That’s a sell to buy policy then for a couple of seasons given the losses

Status
Not open for further replies.