2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're spot on. Wolves, even in the championship, picked a good manager, created an identity and added quality to fit that identity,

We've had 2 DOFs, an Owner, a Chairman and 4 managers in the last few years, all of whom have their own idea as to what our identity is. It's no wonder we've ended up without one

You're forgetting the bit about our disastrous 'policy' of acquiring TEN, yes ten, FIRST TEAM players between 15 June 2017 and 17 Jan 2018. And that's not even including this...

Eliaquim MangalaManchester City31 January 2018Loan

Hmm, wonder why it all went tits up? lol

You seem desperate for it to happen for some reason

I don’t you’ve just decided that because it fits your agenda.

I want Gabriel big time but I’ll be first to question why we don’t get him.

If you’re happy with how you get someone through the door, get to the final stage of any transfer which is a medical and then try to change aspects of a deal and then lose out on said player, so be it, more fool you.

you don’t get super blooooo points for never questioning the club you know?

You're forgetting the bit about our disastrous 'policy' of acquiring TEN, yes ten, FIRST TEAM players between 15 June 2017 and 17 Jan 2018. And that's not even including this...

Eliaquim MangalaManchester City31 January 2018Loan

Hmm, wonder why it all went tits up? lol

Totally forgot about him.

Yet Ronk only wanted was Giroud and he'd still be manager hey

"There is no point having a £14m p/a manager for a club that isn’t going to spend money in the transfer market."

Whilst I dont believe there's no money to spend, and to play Devil's advocate somewhat, surely that's exactly the point of appointing a £14m p.a. manager.

He is one of the best in the world and as such should be able to get the very best out of this squad. The improvement by spending 14m per year on a world class coach should be a better return on investment than spaffing loads more on transfer fees and wages, and this makes perfect sense considering the parlous state of the club finances.
This falls back to the point that Carlo hasn't made the squad we currently have look or perform any better though, and questionably keeps picking the players we all know are turd

Carlo isn’t a world class coach he’s not Pep.

He’s 60 don’t expect him to change now either. He’s a world class manager but not coach.

If we aren’t spending money we need a world class coach it’s simple.

Carlo isn’t a world class coach he’s not Pep.

He’s 60 don’t expect him to change now either. He’s a world class manager but not coach.

If we aren’t spending money we need a world class coach it’s simple.
There’s no way this squad could play Pep-ball and not get trounced 7-0 most games.

Tom Davies repeatedly passing the ball directly to an opposition player straight in front of him whilst Michael Keane is camped on the halfway line.

This falls back to the point that Carlo hasn't made the squad we currently have look or perform any better though, and questionably keeps picking the players we all know are turd
This is something that concerns me and is brushed aside as "he's trying to figure out who is good to stay".

That's easy, DCL/Richarlison/Digne/Holgate/Kean(i think theres something there and not counting Gordon/Branthwaite as too young). The end. Everyone else can go. You don't need to play Gylfi fn Sigurdsson 10 times in CM to see how absolutely crap he is there(or anywhere). Tom Davies has over 100 appearences for Everton and, yet, has massively regressed and still somehow is playing.

Just a bit worried about how even Carlo can't seem to get even a bit better out of this group of nothings. We were pretty awful in every match after the whole 'restart' bs except one. The comments from Carlo and a bunch of players were "we need to do better". They didn't. At all.

This is something that concerns me and is brushed aside as "he's trying to figure out who is good to stay".

That's easy, DCL/Richarlison/Digne/Holgate/Kean(i think theres something there and not counting Gordon/Branthwaite as too young). The end. Everyone else can go. You don't need to play Gylfi fn Sigurdsson 10 times in CM to see how absolutely crap he is there(or anywhere). Tom Davies has over 100 appearences for Everton and, yet, has massively regressed and still somehow is playing.

Just a bit worried about how even Carlo can't seem to get even a bit better out of this group of nothings. We were pretty awful in every match after the whole 'restart' bs except one. The comments from Carlo and a bunch of players were "we need to do better". They didn't. At all.
According to journos, Carlo sees siggy experience as invaluable etc and so he is set to stay. That for me is a nono. How can you be involved with Everton in a footballing capacity and not see how little he brings to the table I don't know.

I agree we've been really poor.

I don’t you’ve just decided that because it fits your agenda.

I want Gabriel big time but I’ll be first to question why we don’t get him.

If you’re happy with how you get someone through the door, get to the final stage of any transfer which is a medical and then try to change aspects of a deal and then lose out on said player, so be it, more fool you.

you don’t get super blooooo points for never questioning the club you know?

Would you commit to a big spend on something knowing you're about to be hit with a massive wave of incoming being swept away?

If we are penny pinching while having the money available then that's a problem. If we are having to save some money due to less money coming in because of a global pandemic, then thats okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.