2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This falls back to the point that Carlo hasn't made the squad we currently have look or perform any better though, and questionably keeps picking the players we all know are turd

This is something that concerns me and is brushed aside as "he's trying to figure out who is good to stay".

That's easy, DCL/Richarlison/Digne/Holgate/Kean(i think theres something there and not counting Gordon/Branthwaite as too young). The end. Everyone else can go. You don't need to play Gylfi fn Sigurdsson 10 times in CM to see how absolutely crap he is there(or anywhere). Tom Davies has over 100 appearences for Everton and, yet, has massively regressed and still somehow is playing.

Just a bit worried about how even Carlo can't seem to get even a bit better out of this group of nothings. We were pretty awful in every match after the whole 'restart' bs except one. The comments from Carlo and a bunch of players were "we need to do better". They didn't. At all.

I've seen this point made a few times, about continually picking the same underperforming players. But what did people expect him to do?

The CM options were literally Gomes, Davies, Sig. He had to pick at least 2 of them every game, and 2 of them arent very good at all.

I don’t you’ve just decided that because it fits your agenda.

I want Gabriel big time but I’ll be first to question why we don’t get him.

If you’re happy with how you get someone through the door, get to the final stage of any transfer which is a medical and then try to change aspects of a deal and then lose out on said player, so be it, more fool you.

you don’t get super blooooo points for never questioning the club you know?

First of all it’s not being a super bloo, which is a dumbass term anyway. Second of all, your last few posts have been hinting at it, that’s not me having an agenda, that’s how it’s coming across reading your posts. Lastly non of us have a clue that we were even close to sorting a deal for Gabriel 6 months ago, or that we’ve tried to change terms because neither us nor Lille have actually confirmed a bid went in for him In February nor that he was even at FF. It’s literally all media speculation

I've seen this point made a few times, about continually picking the same underperforming players. But what did people expect him to do?

The CM options were literally Gomes, Davies, Sig. He had to pick at least 2 of them every game, and 2 of them arent very good at all.
"Bring the kids in tho innit!" You know, the ones who cant get a game at a Championship club etc....

Why do people assume Ancelotti will only be here for 2 years or something? It's a project and he's no spring chicken this might be his last job in Football, When you've virtually won everything with elite squads already made it might make him more hungry to succeed with us because the result would be oh so much sweeter than winning the league with PSG/Bayern for the 50th time.
I don't think we should take it slow but I don't think we just have to rush into everything either.

Why do people assume Ancelotti will only be here for 2 years or something? It's a project and he's no spring chicken this might be his last job in Football, When you've virtually won everything with elite squads already made it might make him more hungry to succeed with us because the result would be oh so much sweeter than winning the league with PSG/Bayern for the 50th time.
I don't think we should take it slow but I don't think we just have to rush into everything either.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ws/carlo-ancelotti-reveals-long-term-18499043

But according to some he will be resigning after half a year in the job if we dont sign Gabriel lol

We’re going to be rubbish for at least another season or two at an absolute minimum regardless of who our manager is tbh.

Bit annoying Carlo didn’t come in straight after Martinez, might have had a chance of kicking on quicker if he had done. If we have success under Carlo it’s going to be a long time from now and will require a lot of things to go our way, personally my pessimism tells me he will leave for whatever reasons long before we get good.

I can only speak to myself but it was not an indictment of Carlo it was more along the lines of the players have so little motivation to up their game for one of the best managers in world football right now. More of a damning indictment against them.

I can only speak to myself but it was not an indictment of Carlo it was more along the lines of the players have so little motivation to up their game for one of the best managers in world football right now. More of a damning indictment against them.

This is something that concerns me and is brushed aside as "he's trying to figure out who is good to stay".

That's easy, DCL/Richarlison/Digne/Holgate/Kean(i think theres something there and not counting Gordon/Branthwaite as too young). The end. Everyone else can go. You don't need to play Gylfi fn Sigurdsson 10 times in CM to see how absolutely crap he is there(or anywhere). Tom Davies has over 100 appearences for Everton and, yet, has massively regressed and still somehow is playing.

Just a bit worried about how even Carlo can't seem to get even a bit better out of this group of nothings
. We were pretty awful in every match after the whole 'restart' bs except one. The comments from Carlo and a bunch of players were "we need to do better". They didn't. At all.

Fair enough mate.

Your original post definitely read like an indictment of Carlo tho....

Anyone questioning Carlo at this point in the process, the three times European Cup Winner as a manager, who has also won the Premier League, German League, French League and Italian League, can sod off.

We need to be really positive and support him, and the process. We have won one FA Cup in the last 33 years. We are blessed to have a manager of his standing.

Questioning Carlo doesn't make you look smart. It doesn't make you interesting.

It just makes you exceptionally irritating.

Now sod off.

Anyone questioning Carlo at this point in the process, the three times European Cup Winner as a manager, who has also won the Premier League, German League, French League and Italian League, can sod off.

We need to be really positive and support him, and the process. We have won one FA Cup in the last 33 years. We are blessed to have a manager of his standing.

Questioning Carlo doesn't make you look smart. It doesn't make you interesting.

It just makes you exceptionally irritating.

Now sod off.
No one is questioning him. If we don’t spend money to get rid of the same players that even he couldn’t get a tune out of then we are in for another crap season.

The reality is that Anchelotti was brought in to do a job that quite a lot of managers could do just as well if they'd only be given the time to do so. He's here to build a team of players who actually care and are able to at least complete at the right end of the table. That takes time, we have to get rid of the wasters dragging us down while we bring in better lads in to take their place. Spending money like it's going out of fashion while keeping this poisonous team together won't get us anywhere.

The real reason the club broke the bank for Anchelotti is because the hierarchy finally realised that most managers get questioned and turned on fairly quickly by the players and a section of our fans. Anchelotti is different, he's a bigger name then everyone in our squad and most fans will turn on the players long before they turn on him. The handful that don't will be a pitifully small minority. This means (in theory at least) that he'll actually be given time to turn things around.

We need to accept that things are likely to continue to be the same for the year or two before we see real change at the club and have a team to be proud of again. Rome wasn't built in a day and destroying this horrible side and building a decent one in its place looks like a far bigger job then that atm!

No one is questioning him. If we don’t spend money to get rid of the same players that even he couldn’t get a tune out of then we are in for another crap season.

I am seeing it repeatedly on here and on Twitter.

If we all properly got behind Ancelotti, it might actually improve our chance of success. The atmosphere around a club really matters.

I am seeing it repeatedly on here and on Twitter.

If we all properly got behind Ancelotti, it might actually improve our chance of success. The atmosphere around a club really matters.
We are behind Ancelotti. We are not behind the players.

However good Ancelotti’s is, we will be rubbish next season if we don’t have the money to bring in his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.