2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sooner this season is over the better. Start again with some new players, some of the dross out, and kick on.

The switch to 3 at the back was a great move which might’ve won us the game if the ref wasn’t such a clown.
We say this every year. Am hoping with him as manager it will actually be different but with the clowns above him I’m not positive.

I heard it said that Ancelotti wants to turn us into an Italian-type outfit.

At the moment we're Torino, scrambling in the wake of Juventus as per usual.

He needs a summer to see what he can do next year. Currently though, I don’t see much evidence of what we are trying to do as an attacking unit. Granted the players are a joke, but Brighton and Southampton play far better football than us.

Liverpool - First match back, kept it solid and comfortable, should have won with the Davies chance.

Norwich - 3 days later. Poor first half. Shifted formation second half, raised our game to win.

Leicester - Came out flying, two goals up. Shifted it around second half when they came back in to it to ensure a victory.

Spurs - Two poor performances. Lost to a deflection.

Southampton - Looked better than us for most of it.
Leicester absolutely bossed us, Liverpool we never got out of our penalty area, Spurs...awful, absolutely got bossed tonight by Saints, esp in the first half, Norwich? marginally worse than us however even they beat us at Goodison.

I am a massive Carlo fan and him being I post is the only thing that gives me any hope for the future.
I know he changed shape during this game but his continuing to utilise 4-4-2 with this group of players when clearly we don't have one let alone 2 players of sufficient quality in centre midfield is surprising.
If it was any other manager you would say it was intransigent but this is Carlo Ancelotti, a true football genius and his expertise is beyond question.
I can only presume that he is sounding a message to the owner and DoF that he needs new players.

We got an initial bounce with 442 other teams have cottoned on though and responded accordingly.

He will. Like I’ve said all along he’s come here knowing he can sign anyone he wants
Hahaha no he cant, you are in for a very disappointing summer mate, honestly if you were a half decent player watching that with the choice between us and say Spurs or Arsenal, where would you go?

That’s two games now we’ve played much better switching to 3 at the back. Why not just start like that?

We only have 2 fit centre backs. Coleman a square peg in a round hole in that system.

It might be an option when Holgate is fit.

Personally I hate 3 at the back, but if you have no midfield then it has its strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.