2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don’t back this manager you can put it down to as big missed opportunity as any bottled semi final or final and probably on the same level as when we could have sold to QIA after assembling a great team in 09

All signs point to big opportunity...we somehow just need to navigate FFP.

Lots of dross out of contract in 2020/2021/2022 and if we can build u23s up over those 2 more years then we could be looking really very strong for 22/23 season.
not many of the u23s really cut it in the end though. Not surprising as the PL really is an elite. More than any other league in its entirety

not many of the u23s really cut it in the end though. Not surprising as the PL really is an elite. More than any other league in its entirety

Think it depends which ones were going for, I mean I love the idea of Brazilians. Those like Emerson and Gabriel who are in the Brazil u23s (Emerson also has a full cap) and have played in Europe.

Bruno Guimaraes has signed for Lyon in Jan + Antony is joining Ajax and Reinier Real so these types of profile players also have resale values.

Ancelotti has managed world class brazilians so it seems a good fit.

Some short comments from Ancelloti on Italian radio.

The positive that overwhelmed me when I read this, is that with him in charge you know that he will get the best out of Moise Kean, in the event he is actually any good. We are not going to have a problem that the player wasn't coached correctly, or developed properly, it will be whether he actually had the talent.

One of the only exciting things about this next period of essentially dead rubber games is hopefully Kean and Gordon, and perhaps even Gibson, having the opportunity to get games under their belts and show they can be first team players. Would give great impetus heading into next season and the coming transfer market.

See Carlo and all his backroom staff have been getting up to 30% of their wages deferred from the beginning of the lockdown, 12 weeks ago. The first team players are taking wage deferrals over the next 3 months of up to 50%. Apparently, its cuts across the board as well, all volunteered.

Apparently its deferred so they'll get it paid back- wonder why surely its not a cash flow issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.