2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what the OP was comparing is the mental rather than the physical aspect.

Professional footballers are pampered, they live in a luxury cocoon. When you’re in The mountains it’s about fitness but also more about hardship, fatigue and mental toughness.

A lot of these prima Donna footballers could benefit their game by improving their mental toughness.

A couple of days in the mountains with me would sort them out.

Oh right, I didn't read too far back, and just kind of jumped in, to be honest. I'd be all for the players going away for a few weekends throughout the year with that ex-SAS survival bloke to put them through their paces.

I’m looking at the mental aspect. To improve ones mental strength you have to endure physical stress and hardship.

These over paid poodles need to be taken out of their comfort zones.

Aye, you dont need any mental strength to make it to elite level as an athlete. I bet performing to your best on front of thousands every week is a piece of piss as well.

Maybe different disciplines have different demands.

Who
Aye, you dont need any mental strength to make it to elite level as an athlete. I bet performing to your best on front of thousands every week is a piece of piss as well.

Maybe different disciplines have different demands.
Who at Everton over the last 12 months has been operating at an elite level?

With Carlo now in charge, all the players start with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned, in some cases I'm convinced he could seriously improve players, I think he will have a sharp eye for those who don't buy into his way of thinking and he'll be quick to get rid with no sentiment attached the way it should be, at last a quality manager who knows how to manage and win things let's get right behind him but above all else we have got to give him time, this is for the long haul.

Like Troy Deeney?

Yes. Compared to the general populous of "folk who play football" Troy Deeney is, as ludicrous as it sounds, an elite athlete. He is better at football than 99.9% of the general populous. He is also blessed with physical gifts that most are not.

Now, compared to other elite athletes he may be on the low end of the scale, but he is an elite athlete

Yes. Compared to the general populous of "folk who play football" Troy Deeney is, as ludicrous as it sounds, an elite athlete. He is better at football than 99.9% of the general populous. He is also blessed with physical gifts that most are not.

Now, compared to other elite athletes he may be on the low end of the scale, but he is an elite athlete
Okay mate

Status
Not open for further replies.