2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of us look back to early December it's hard to believe where we now sit in the league, the change in attitude on and off the pitch is remarkable by any standards. Ancelotti is quick to recognise Duncan's contribution and I'm pleased about that, he started the turnaround and I think gave our Carlo a far better start to his Everton career than if he'd come in straight after Silva.

I could be well wide of the mark but I personally think he will take his time assembling and building, maybe two or three players in the summer with a focus on building unity and an identity, this will be a 3 year project to get us competing to get into the top 4. For the first time since the 1980's I can see a real opportunity to develop a team that can grow in confidence, belief and ability.
If it takes 3 years the likes of Ricarlison won’t be here at that stage
Carlo was obviously given assurances regarding a transfer kitty and while he says he wants to slowly build , I am sure he sees an opportunity here of top 4 with Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs struggling
Leicester will lose players in the summer and Vardy is not getting any younger
Wolves are a threat but Sheffield united I feel are a one season wonder
Carlo knows that 3/4 quality signings can push us towards top 4 and he will be keen to do it quickly

Carlo was obviously given assurances regarding a transfer kitty and while he says he wants to slowly build , I am sure he sees an opportunity here of top 4 with Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs struggling
Carlo knows that 3/4 quality signings can push us towards top 4 and he will be keen to do it quickly
I hope you're right, but I think it will take a few seasons, especially with FFP.

First step...Buy a midfield.

I hope you're right, but I think it will take a few seasons, especially with FFP.
This is the elephant in the room. FFP will limit our spending and many people are ignoring it.
Maybe Morshi and Usmanov are looking at ways to get around it, as that seems our best hope.

Carlos done great so far, but hasnt won any games i wouldnt of expected him to win?

These are the ones that would show me if we have actually gone anywhere...

I know we wouldnt of won them games with silva but hes a fraud..

Be intresting to see if carlo can win any “ big team” aways... no one has managed to yet and so far when we played city we got beat and liverpool ressies we got beat..

So im hopeful more than expectent

Carlos done great so far, but hasnt won any games i wouldnt of expected him to win?

Be intresting to see if carlo can win any “ big team” aways... no one has managed to yet and so far when we played city we got beat and liverpool ressies we got beat..

he hasn’t had Athena spring from his forehead yet either, WTF is wrong with him let’s get cracking here

I swear there are people on here (I dont think You're one of them btw) who predict us to get beat every weekend then say "we haven't beaten anyone I wouldn't expect us to beat"

Just keep on working on the training field. Get the players improving. Root out the few silly errors one by one until they're as rare as hen's teeth. If we make Europe, fantastic.

I just get a satisfied feeling from seeing how things are progressing, and have the sense that they will keep on improving little by little.

I also have the strong suspicion that Ancelotti has the old fashioned attitude that every game is winnable no matter who the opponent. Get that mentality into the players, and who knows what the limit can be.

A bloke i know speaks to Jamie Hoyland a lot. Says Ancelotti is great. Really down to earth and approachable.

Marco Silva on the other hand was hated by the staff and is a proper Bell.

I was quite shocked at that.

I swear there are people on here (I dont think You're one of them btw) who predict us to get beat every weekend then say "we haven't beaten anyone I wouldn't expect us to beat"
I expected us to lose every match in December and be 20th at the turn of the year.

So yes 7th, 5 points off 4th, with no signings in January, and we are a couple of days into February is a little minor miracle in my opinion.

Cannot believe how he has turned this shower around, into a competitive outfit in the space of, ostensibly, two months.

So anybody who says we have beaten the teams we should be beating its just weird; at the beginning of December we were not supposed to be beating any teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.